Keep Holding On

Lately, the jolts of pain have been striking Kat a lot more often. She had been shaky, and she could barely lift her ukulele, unless she tried really hard. She was growing weaker and weaker by the day.

Reggie hadn't really taken anything into notice, but it wasn't his fault. Kat was an amazing actress, and she hated her friends to worry—especially when it came to Reggie. She didn't want to be a burden.

Reggie wouldn't have minded, but Kat didn't care. All she wanted to do was keep her boyfriend happy, and lately, it was difficult, knowing he was stressed about his unfinished business and such.

Kat needed to find out what was going on with her. She needed to see her father again.

The aching girl sighed as she finally got ahold of her instrument, and sure enough, it slipped out of her hands once again. She grabbed her aching fingers with her opposite hand, and cried silently. Reggie stepped into the studio with a smile, and then a frown and worried look when he rushed over to his sobbing girlfriend.

"Kat? What's going on?" he asked, kneeling down in front of her.

"I didn't want to tell you. I didn't want you to worry about me," she sniffled.

"Hey. I told you this before. I'll always worry about you. Whether you like it or not, you're stuck with me, darling," Reggie smiled sadly.

"Can you..can you play something?" she asked him, and Reggie glanced at the sheet of paper he had hidden in Luke's song book, hoping it wouldn't be found. He stood up and grabbed it.

He grabbed a guitar, an acoustic one, surprising Kat. He sat beside her, and she cuddled into his side, as he positioned the instrument so he could comfortably play it.

He began to play an unfamiliar song.

"You're not alone
Together we stand
I'll be by your side
You know I'll take your hand
When it gets cold
And it feels like the end
There's no place to go
You know I won't give in
No, I won't give in"

Kat looked up at the boy, who so passionately sang the words.

"Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through
We'll make it through
Just stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you
I'm here for you
There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through
We'll make it through"

He had written this song, and Kat was smiling. She didn't know he wrote music, aside from his silly country songs. He nodded his head toward the girl, and she looked at him full of love. No matter how much pain she was in, she knew that music would make her feel better. the combination of two things she loved most—Reggie and music—would do her wonders. Kat read the lyrics from the page.

"So far away
I wish you were here
Before it's too late
This could all disappear
Before the doors close
And it comes to an end
With you by my side, I will fight and defend
I'll fight and defend
Yeah, yeah"

Reggie's grin made her heart melt. The two sang together.

"Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through
We'll make it through
Just stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you
I'm here for you
There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through
We'll make it through"

Reggie turned to her, and looked her directly in her eyes.

"Hear me when I say, when I say I believe
Nothing's gonna change
Nothing's gonna change destiny
Whatever's meant to be will work out perfectly
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
La da da da
La da da da
La da da da da da da da da"

Kat sang with her eyes closed, leaning in and resting her forehead in Reggie's forehead.

"Keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through
We'll make it through
Just stay strong
'Cause you know I'm here for you
I'm here for you
There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through
We'll make it through
Keep holding on
Keep holding on
There's nothing you could say
Nothing you could do
There's no other way when it comes to the truth
So keep holding on
'Cause you know we'll make it through
We'll make it through"

Reggie put the guitar down, turning red. "Reggie...that was beautiful. I had no idea that you could write like that." Kat said.

"I don't really play my own music much," he shrugged. "Thank you,"

"Reggie?" Kat asked, her voice small.

"Yeah?" he asked.

  I love you. Kat wanted so badly just to tell him, but she was scared. She was scared that her feelings wouldn't be reciprocated. She didn't know how to tell if they were.

So instead, she simply just smiled, and kissed him on the lips. "Thank you. For everything,"

"I would do anything for you Katerina Morgan. Anything," Reggie whispered, pulling the girl in for another sweet kiss. In that moment, Kat's heart swelled with happiness, and she swore, that some of her pain was erased.

*

Short and sweet. But extra sweet.

I loved writing this chapter. I have so many more ideas, and I can't only use a few. :( so sad that this book is coming to an end soon... i cri.

-angelina❤️