Unsaid Emily

Alex was sat in the Orpheum, staring at the stage. Kat joined him, telling Reggie she'd meet him soon, but she stole his jacket before she left, since she was cold.

"Hey, Allie," she joked, Alex sent her a small smile before he sighed. "What's going on?"

"This sucks," he said, simply. Kat sat beside him, laying her head on his shoulder. Alex laid his head on top of hers.

"I know," Kat sighed. "This all sucks," she agreed.

"I just wish we had more options, you know? Like, what if we cross over and we don't know each other anymore? I don't want to not know each other, all right? Kat, you're my best friend." Alex was crying.

"Alex," Kat whispered. "You're my best friend too, and I really don't want to say goodbye either...but Caleb—"

"Is your uncle." Alex's eyes widened. "You can try to talk to him, can't you?"

"What—I—"

"Please, Kat?" Alex begged. Kat searched his eyes. They shined with hope. Kat sighed.

"I guess I could pay him a little visit..." she said.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Alex hugged the girl tightly.

"Is this seat taken?" Willie blinked in, and Kat smiled sadly at Alex. She waved goodbye before blinking out of the Orpheum.

*

"Hello?" Kat called through the Ghost Club. She was nervous to say the least, and her palms were sweaty.

"Ah, Katerina," Kat jumped and spun around to be face to face with her uncle.

"C—Uncle Caleb," she smiled.

"I've been waiting for you, Kat," he said, a smirk on his face. He snapped his fingers, a bouquet of roses appearing, and handed them to her.

"Thanks," she said awkwardly. "So about this stamp—"

Caleb laughed. "Well, you just dove right in! Come on, sit down, have a bite to eat, socialize! Your father is probably looking forward to seeing you,"

"Seriously, Uncle Caleb, this stamp— you have to remove it," Kat ordered, but Caleb shook his head.

"Kat, I gave you that stamp to give you your best chance. You could use that to stay here forever. With me. With your father. I'm sure your mother and brother will be showing up soon as well." Caleb replied, and Kat's eyes widened.

"My mom and Jimmy are here? You've seen them?" she asked. Caleb smirked.

"Everyone has. They've been looking for you,"

"Well...okay. But, you have to promise that you won't hurt my friends. I will come work with you. As long as I get to see my family again," Kat mumbled. Caleb showed her an evil grin.

Kat's heart raced. Her mind was all over the place. Her family was alive. She could see them everyday if she performed with Caleb Covington's House Band, and she could keep her friends safe. That was what mattered the most.

*

Kat jumped into the kitchen, plopping into a seat beside Julie's dad, who clicked through pictures on his laptop. Reggie sat on the other side of him, smiling as his girlfriend appeared, and Alex sat beside Reggie.

"Kat!" Reggie exclaimed, excited to see the girl as she appeared with a guilty look. He frowned. "What's wrong, babe?"

"Nothing! Actually, everything is perfect," she smiled over at Alex who grinned widely.