The Other Side of Hollywood (part two)

"They made eight more Star Wars movies, and they killed Han Solo? What kind of future is this?" Reggie exclaimed when Kat ended up next to him.

He dramatically walked away. Luke looked at the couple they were talking to. "We found out, like, two weeks ago, okay? We just didn't have the heart to tell him. But just please don't mention Jar Jar," Luke said.

"Hey," Kat said, quietly.

"Kat, that was insane," Luke said, smiling at her.

"Yeah," Kat replied.

"'Yeah?' That's it?" Luke asked.

"Sorry, I just..feel a little off. And I feel like we're forgetting something," Kat replied, and Luke shrugged.

"I don't think so.." he said.

Kat nodded. "Okay,"

"Hey, are you still, like, mad at Reggie? He didn't mean anything by it when he—"

"Drooled over that dancer? Oh, yeah, I know," Kat replied, sarcastically. She rolled her eyes. "I just..get jealous," she smiled sheepishly. Luke chuckled.

"Because you love him," he teased.

"Shut up," Kat glared.

"You didn't deny it," Luke shrugged.

*

Kat and Luke walked around, and saw Alex and Willie together at the table. "Oh...you got a crush on Willie!" Luke said.

"What? No...no we're just.." Alex tried to lie, but Kat smiled.

"Alex, I'm happy for you," Luke said.

Oh...they had a little something something going on back then. Kat realized. "Yeah, Alex, we all are," Kat replied.

"You guys are not gonna believe this, but someone just told me they added a character named Jar Jar. What's a Jar Jar!" Reggie exclaimed.

"Babe, calm down." Kat chuckled. "It's okay,"

"I take it you boys and my niece are enjoying yourselves?" Caleb said, walking towards them.

"This guy's your uncle?" Reggie asked Kat and she nodded.

"Yeah, I mean, you'd have to be insane to have a bad time here," Luke said.

"Well, entertainment is our specialty," Caleb said. "So now, I understand there's something I can help you with."

"Yeah, we hope so," Reggie said. "There's an old buddy of ours who ripped us off big time, and we wanna make things right,"

"Yeah," Luke agreed. "We wanna look him in the eyes and make him admit what he did to us,"

"So if you could make us visible, that would be perfect," Alex said.

"Well, sure, I could do that, but we're at a party," Caleb chuckled. "Why focus on those who have wronged us when we're among friends? Now, I understand that the four of you are talented musicians. I doubt... your dream is to settle a score. No, your dreams are bigger than that! You're like me, born to perform your music in front of sold-out crowds." he snapped his fingers, and a chair was pulled up for him. "Please, sit." he told the four ghosts, who obeyed. "What if I were to tell you that with a wave of my hand you could share the spotlight with me...and join my house band?"

"We... We already have a band." Luke said.

"Yes. Yes. But when you're done performing, you disappear. You cease to exist," Caleb said. "No bows. No... no soaking up the applause. No real connection with the audience. Yeah? Here the audience knows what you are, and more importantly they know how special you are."