Secrets

We returned to the Mountain and were met with some of the League members who were obviously waiting around for us. Everyone exchanged glances, preparing to be lectured for sneaking out and going on a dangerous mission. Honestly, if they're surprised we left that'd leave me in shock. 

"Tell me if this sounds familiar," Batman said, standing in front of us with Icon and Black Canary. "You hacked League systems, disobeyed protocol and endangered your lives, and your initiative resulted in the capture of three escaped felons, proving that Warden Strange runs Belle Reve as a cover for criminal activity."

"Well when you put it like that it sounds like a congratulations," I thought.

"Well done," Batman congratulated with a small smile.

"There it is."

"And then there's this," The hero in black continued, walking over to the case with strange chip things in it. "Bio-technology integrated with some form of nano-circuitry."

"I didn't understand that, did you understand that?" I whispered to Percy.

"Not a word no," Was his answer.

Icon took one of the chips out of the case and studied it, "Though I am unfamiliar with the species," Icon said. "The bio-component is clearly not of Earth. This requires further study."

"We'll take it to the Watchtower for further study," Batman agreed then walked through the Zeta Tube and to the Watchtower.

"You realize we were set up," Kaldur said once they left. "Cheshire and Riddler were tipped and ready for us."

"Oh, great, it's the mole thing again," I groaned, laying onto the ground.

"Mole thing?" Rochelle asked. "Again?"

"We had intel that there was a traitor on the Team," Robin explained.

"Namely Artemis, M'gann, me, or Nico," Superboy spat.

"It's more complicated than that and you know it," Kaldur told him. "But your recent behavior does concern me, you attack on Mammoth nearly got Artemis and Nico killed."

Superboy started walking away when he winced in pain and held his ear. After a few moments he straightened up and turned around, "Superboy?" Kaldur asked.

"There's something I need to do, something I need to tell you," he admitted, causing me to sit up. "Last month on Thanksgiving I went back to Cadmus, found somethings out. When I was cloned, only half my DNA was Superman's while the other half was human."

"I could've told you that," I mumbled causing Percy to pinch my ear.

"Your friend is talking about something personal here," He whispered.

"When did you become my mom?" I mumbled but turned my attention back to Superboy.

"Because I'm half human, I don't have, will never have, full Kryptonian powers."

"You sure about that?" Robin asked. "Cause you seem to have them today."

"I've been using these shields," He said, holding up an empty container. "I get the flight, the heat-vision, but I think they also make me angry, well, angrier. I'm sorry."

"Where did you get them?" Kaldur demanded.

"From my birth father, Lex Luthor."

We all stared at him in shock, "Wait, Lex Luthor as in Superman's main enemy Lex Luthor? That's your dad?" I questioned.

"He's summoned me to Santa Prisca."

"Where?" I asked.

"We were for one of our first missions when you were still new to the team Nico," Robin explained. "It's a sort of Hub for criminals, controlled by Bane."