Trapped...Almost

Nico POV

Gold left my vision and I was now in an...elevator? It was like the old elevators from the 40's, but without an operator. I sneezed, shaking my head, before turning around finding Wally, Artemis, and who I assumed was Nelson.

"Well now that was unexpected," Nelson said a bit surprised.

"You sneeze like a kitten," Artemis chuckled slightly.

"Where the hell am I?" I asked. "I didn't even go near that cane."

"The magic drew you in," Nelson explained. "Guess the magic in my cane decided to grab you as well."

"Well I get enough magical teleportation, I don't need any from some outside source. So, could you please tell your cane to knock it off?"

Nelson laughed, seeming to find that funny. The elevator dinged and we stepped out. after standing around for a moment when a door appeared above us. We took a step back as it opened, and out fell Kaldur and Super Boy, the two landing hard on the ground groaning. M'gann simply floated down and landed on her feet.

"Friends of yours?" Nelson remarked.

I felt a shiver run down my spine as I felt the chaotic magical presence again. I turned and managed to pull Kent out of the way before we were hit by dark purple lightning bolt. I saw a guy in a white dress shirt, pants and shoes with a magic wand. There was a guy next to him holding a cat that radiated chaos, he was for sure the presence I felt.

"Friends of yours?" Wally retorted as we ushered Kent away from the lightning. Wally, myself, and Nelson ran to the gigantic bell that Nelson hit with his cane. It glowed a bright gold and we stepped through. We ended up on what looked like the top of the tower, with a glowing helmet that was floating in the middle of it.

Nelson reached for the helmet but was met with a blast of chaos magic. I turned to see the witch boy smirking, dripping with dark magic. I quickly gathered the shadows and created a shield around us.

"Out of the way, Greek!" he screeched. "I want that helmet, and I want it now!"

He started throwing black flames at my shield. I felt it losing energy, and my energy began to go with it, "Do...Something...Wally!" I puffed out.

The chaos boy started going harder and harder, with my strength just being zapped away. He eventually pulled apart my shield causing me to fall to the ground in exhaustion, "Sorry Nico," I heard Wally mutter.

I felt something slip around my head and my vision went black and I felt something take over my body. I opened my eyes to see that I'm standing in a dark void with only a small spot of light around me.

"Hello?" I asked. "Where the hell am I?"

"I'd watch that language young man," a voice chuckled. Nelson stepped out of the shadows.

"Nelson? Didn't you just die?"

"Aren't you blunt," he chuckled once more. "Yes I did, but being with the helmet for so long has some effects. Wally put the helmet on you and my soul got sucked in. Currently, we're inside the helmet. Doctor Fate controls your body at the moment, fighting the witch boy, Clarian."

"Lord of Chaos," I muttered crossing my arms as I watched the fight in first person. "I might have to hurt Wally a bit for this."

"Don't be so angry at him," Nelson sighed taking a few steps closer to me. "I was the one who asked him to give you the helmet. Your already potent magical abilities are easier for fate to harness than that of Wally, who has none."

I was about to snap at him when a jolt of pain shot up my spine and I fell to the ground, "ow," I groaned.

"Yes, I'm sorry about that. But when Fate is hurt, your body will feel the affects," Nelson explained in sympathy.

"So I'm guessing if Fate loses, I see your wife first?" I huffed. To which Nelson nodded sadly.

I sighed and watched the fight through the eyes of Fate. He dodged attacks and let out other powerful ones, but it was obvious he had a disadvantage. The magic flowing through my veins was of Greek origin, while Fate cycled magic from a different primal source. Because the sources are so different, we weren't exactly the most compatible of  persons. As I watched the fight, I looked at the Witch Boy, noting that he was also protecting his cat.

"The cat," I muttered drawing Nelson's attention. "The helmet ties Fate to this world, so a lord of chaos must have one as well. And seeing how your witchy friend here is protecting his cat, I'll assume that's his weak spot."

"Very clever, and observant," Nelson smiled. "I see now why you're one of the Greek champions."

I flinched at his words, "Please don't call me that. I don't know how you know that but the title of champion belongs to only one person."

Fate, who seemed to listen to my words of wisdom, targeted the cat. The witch boy threw up a shield, only protecting himself, but not the cat. The yellow beam he shot from his chest flew past the chaos lord and hit the cat. The cat was shot back and fell into a crumpled ball.

"Tekle!" The witch yelled. "How could you hurt a defenseless pussy cat."

"We both know that isn't just any cat," Fate told him. The witch boy started to flicker in and out of faze. "And without your familiar, you're ties to this world weaken."

The witch boy growled at him before Fate shot more energy beams at him. The witch went through a portal, grabbing his cat on the way, disappearing from the tower rooftop.

"Well, glad to see that's done," I sighed. "Can I go now?"

"Fate doesn't seem to want to remove the helmet," Nelson observed.

"Because the world needs Doctor Fate," the spirit of the helmet said. His voice bouncing off the walls of my mind. "The existence of a Lord of Chaos proves that. I will not let this boy go."

"No way," I told him. "I'm not about to be some prisoner."

"No Fate," Nelson vouched for me. "This boy is not a good match for you. He's a Greek, one that focuses on magic that you don't use. Let him go, I'll stay here with you, keep you company. Until he finds a suitable and willing host for you."

"I'll do it," I agreed. "Promise."

"Then the bargain is accepted," Fate confirmed.

White light filled my vision before going out completely. I was standing on the rooftop again, holding the helmet of Fate. I turned around to see Wally looking happy.

"Hey you're back," he said speeding over to me. "You and Fate really kicked his-"

I didn't let him finish. I grabbed him by the neck I pulled him to my level and glared at him extremely heavily, "The next time you want to do something that stupid, don't. I don't care if Zeus himself told you too, don't do that again. I was almost stuck in there for the rest of my life, so stay away from me when you want to do dumb shit like that."

I threw him to the ground and left him on the top of the tower.