Stupid Riddles

Myself, Percy, the team, Zatanna and this new girl Rochelle, Rocket, were all sitting around in the lounge area in the Hall of Justice watching the League welcome the new members.

"I'm glad they didn't kick Billy out," Wally said while eating an apple. "And I love that there's a ten year old on the League."

"There is?" Rochelle asked which caused Robin to elbow him.

"Way to keep secrets Kid Fast," I rolled my eyes.

"Hey she's on the team isn't she?" Wally defended.

We watched as they handed out the membership cards to Doctor Fate, The Atom, Elongated Man, Red Arrow, and Icon, "You know I was the one who convinced Icon to become a hero in the first place," Rachelle complained. "I should be up there celebrating with him, not hidden away down here."

"Welcome to our world," Kaldur sent her a smile.

"Congrats, Super Sidekick, you've joined the group," I said.

"He has a bit of an attitude, doesn't he," Rachelle whispered to Kaldur, thinking I couldn't hear her. 

"Yes he doesn't like new people very much," Kaldur whispered back. "He also has excellent hearing and can hear every word we're saying."

Rachelle glanced behind her, over to me, I sent her a sarcastic wave and she turned her gaze away from me. We continued to watch and some of the team (specifically Robin, Kaldur, and Wally) gave some encouraging shouts to the new members (specifically Red Arrow). We continued to watch until Robin got a notification on his wrist computer thingy telling us to suit up for our unfinished business. We all got onto the Bioship and flew off to the coordinates that Robin was tracking.

"And we're sure it's her?" Artemis asked for what felt like the fifth time.

"See for yourself," Robin said, sending the image to the Bioship for all of us to see. "Facial recognition confirms that Jade Nugyen. But you've seen her without the mask, are we right?"

"Yeah, that's Jade, Cheshire," She said, sounding reluctant.

"And is that the case you saw in New Orleans?" Kaldur asked zooming in on the briefcase she was holding. "The one that got away?"

"Yeah, that's the one," Artemis confirmed.

"Ok, so I'll take a guess from the mugshot that this Cheshire is the bad guy," Rocket cute in. "But  what's so important about the case?"

"Do you remember the Injustice League?" Robin asked.

"And their giant evil plant things? Uh, yeah!"

"Well the Team and the League put them away," Robin explained. "But their allies still remain, and whatever is in that case seems to be important to their plans."

"We had a chance to get in New Orleans, but someone screwed up," Wally spoke, glaring at Artemis."

"Gods, let it go Wally," I groaned.

"Yeah, I'm sure this will all work out in the end," Percy smiled.

"You're too much of an optimist, Kelp Head."

"No, you're too much of a pessimist, Death Breath."

"Approaching site now," M'gann said as we flew over the mountains. she gasped upon seeing the crashed jet that Cheshire had boarded. "Looks like there were no survivors."

We walked down to the wreckage searching for that case and any possible evidence we need, "How come homeland security and N.T.S.B. aren't all over this?" Zatanna asked.

"Cheshire's plan flew under the radar and her ID was a League alert," Robin explained.

"So why isn't the League all over us?" Rocket asked.

"Because Boy Wonder has hacking skills," I said, pushing a piece of the plane away, finding no case. "Arranged to get the alert before the League, plus we have some unfinished business with Cheshire. Hey anyone see any dead people? You'd think in a plane crash this bad there'd be bodies."

"Well here's one," We all spun around at the voice. We see Cheshire, alive, with the case in hand. "And it is stunning."

"I am flora no fauna," We spun around in the other direction to see The Riddler and a bunch of League of Assassin members dressed in white to camouflage with the snowy mountain. "I am foliage, not trees. What am I?"

Riddler snapped his fingers and we were suddenly enclosed to the area by a giant electrical dome, "Come on, you can get this," Riddler teased. "I am shrubbery, not grass, what am I? I..."

"Am-bush," Robin answered with a glare.

"You think we wouldn't be tipped that you were tracking Cheshire?" Riddler chuckled. "It's time to end this game kiddies, we're tired of your interference. Ordered from above and executed by their master strategist, moi."

"Are we linked?" Kaldur asked through mind.

"Obviously," I answered, summoning my sword and cracking my neck a few times. "Can I punch The Riddler? I'm sick of his stupid riddles."

"Move," Kaldur ordered.

We all spit in different directions, attacking our different opponents. Artemis went with Cheshire, Superboy went with Mammoth, while the rest of us fought the dozens of the assassins. I quickly got into a sword fight with a couple of assassins, all of whom I was able to beat because none of them were Greek standard of sword fighting. I knocked out three or four of them when the mountain started shaking. I looked up to see an avalanche coming down so I quickly jumped into the shadows to save myself from being crushed. Death by Avalanche Because of Mortals, not the way you want to go out as a Demigod, especially being the son of one of the Big Three. I hopped out of the shadows standing near Artemis who had her hands on the case, she looked over to me and gave me a thumbs up.

"Great you got it," I nodded. "Can I go take a nap now?"

Not a super interesting Nico chapter, but it's in preparation for...something.