Fireflies

Triggers: Fluff (I know you are all scared).

Background: Real life, they are all brothers (even Phil, imagine them as half brothers if you like)

Art by rohkka on Twitter, go check them out!

----------

The beat-up car pulled into the petrol station as the four boys continued to enthusiastically sing to some wordless song on the radio (flashbacks to pigstep). Technoblade was making some sort of beat in rhythm to the song as the youngest started to spit out some bars.

"His name is Philza Minecraft and he is quite old, he is married to a woman and that is interesting."

Laughs erupted from all but Technoblade and Tommy as they continued to sing to the beat, but not without smiles on their faces.

"Technoblade has a golden crown, I am massive, I am massive."

Wilbur messily parked into the empty parking lot, nobody was here as it was 8 pm, and it was extremely uncommon to find other drivers out on the road at this time and area. Tommy continued to rap offbeat.

"Wilbur Soot is a musician, he sings about women which I find cool. Technoblade wears a gown, he doesn't own knives."

The song continued to play as the oldest of the four burst into a cheerful laugh at the lyrics, commenting on Tommy's rapping. Wilbur shouted 'OHHHHHH' as if Tommy had just done some roast from 2016.

Technoblade continued on with the beat as all the boys looked at Wilbur to continue what Tommy had started, and Will breathed hard as if hyping himself up...

...Before turning the car off, the radio with it.

"What the hell Wilbur?!" Tommy laughed before getting out of the car from the back door. 

Wilbur laughed as all of the boys piled out of the car to go inside the small shop that accompanied the petrol stop. Phil immediately went off to the toilets while Tommy went to the snack aisle. Wilbur and Technoblade made a beeline for the drinks and got themselves some iced coffee each, but not without some lollies.

After paying for all of the snacks and drinks, they got back into Wilbur's old car and prepared for a short journey to a place that only the four brothers knew of. It had been about a year since they'd been to this special place, and they made a point of escaping the house out of Tommy's window just to reignite this old tradition.

Every week or so, they had always snuck out to a place they'd found when Tommy ran away in a fit of rage and got lost. Once they'd stopped coming to the 'place' as they called it, the four had fallen apart and in hopes of rekindling their relationship, they took a road trip for the first time in a while.

Tommy and Techno were in the backseat talking about a war brewing in the DreamSMP, while Phil and Wilbur were having a pleasant talk about sand in the front. 

Soon enough, the 30-minute drive was over, and the snacks and drinks were quickly snatched by Tommy before the boys hustled out of the car and jumped onto the rusty hood of the car. 

Tommy on the far right, Techno and Wilbur in the middle and Phil on the far left.

It was just like old times.

They lay there for about 5 minutes chatting about their lives when Tommy noticed a small flicker of light in the long grasses surrounding the car. 

It was such a nice landscape, with long grass and flower stems as far as the eye could see, but what made it even better was the fireflies.

One by one, little lightning bugs filled the plants and the quickly darkening sky, illuminating the brothers. 

Tommy nudged Wilbur, who in turn pointed at the sky and all four of them fell silent, quietly admiring the sight that so few amounts of people ever got to see.

Tommy was quietly munching on popcorn as Wilbur started up the conversation again.

Phil and Techno were listening to Will's mumbles and only gave short replies, basking in the lit sky. Another thing that was so special about this place was the number of stars that could be seen without a telescope, possibly thousands.

Techno knew a lot about the stars. He'd studied them for a time because he was interested and he knew that it would help with his navigation skills. He could point out so many constellations that he knew off by heart. 

He remembered telling the stories behind some of the most famous ones to Tommy, and he always smiled as he remembered the enthusiasm behind the blonde's eyes when learning new things. 

He was so different from his online persona.

The fireflies passively buzzed around their heads as the quiet mumble of Wilbur came to a stop, and the boys fell asleep side by side.

----------