{Chapter 11}

Elijah's PoV

After Jason had passed out a dreadful thought entered my mind. What exactly has this innocent boy been through?     And when I picked him up and put him in my car he was lighter than a feather. After picking up my sons and his friends, the one with beautiful midnight black hair, emo styled and obsidian black eyes seemed to know Jason.

He stayed with him until he awoke. And when he did, Damian somehow also ended up knowing him.

Speaking of Damian, his father is Bruce Wayne, the number one CEO company in Gotham. Maybe I should collab with him soon. But focusing to the matter.

* Trigger Warning * Abuse / Torture ahead.

Jason just started explaining his past. A kid that had to go through abuse? Anger boiled in my blood as he slowly took his shirt off. I could count every one of his bones and it was honestly scary.
I let out a gasp at the words written, sorry, harshly engraved on his back. The only good thing about this was it had healed. But now the feel of the blade digging through his skin must be stuck in his head. He must be emotionally unstable.

Words and phrases like, a waste of breath, unnecessary, unlovable and many more were seen. I traced my warm touch over his cold amd bony body.

"This isn't true Jason. Please, I want you to remember and know that I'm with you always, I can be like a loving father to you. If I didn't care, I wouldn't be doing this for you."

I wrapped him in a hug and he immendiately hugged back crying into my shirt.

"That's not the end of it. I was forced to live on the streets for two years. I ended up in one of those groups and because I was the youngest, I got away with stuff because of my stealth and speed and also my size. I stole stuff to eat and drink and soon enough I became a pro at pickpocketing. Then there was this one night, I was dared to take a wheel from Batman's batmobile. And me being the dare devil I 've always been I did just that. I actually managed it too but before I could finish Batman showed up. I was caught but not sent to Juvi, instead he said he had someone who wanted to adopt a kid.

It was Bruce Wayne. I thought that was it, finally something to be happy about. But I could never make him happy. Whenever I was in the room, everyone would go quiet. So because of that, I refused to interact with them. I was close to the butler though, Alfred. I actually miss him. A lot. They seemed fine with it but I was actually hurt. So I found out about Bruce's secret, that he was Batman and Richard Greyson was the robin. I wanted to be the robin so after months of training, Richard, his nick name is Dick, he became nightwing and I was robin. But it all went wrong the day I died. You could say I'm a walking corpse."

He chuckles at that whilst I learn how to breathe again.

"I wasn't expecting this. I'm still listening Jason. Go on."

He carried on explaining about how the Joker captured him and beat him to near death with a crowbar. And the bomb, he also explained how from that day on he figured you couldn't rely on people. On family. He was heart broken. He told me about how he became Red Hood after and how he killed people.

"Jason, after what you've been through, I would honestly be suprised if you didn't kill. You're doing what your insticts tell you. Sure criminals are dying but crime rates are reduced and people are happier. I will still care for you Jason. You never had that fatherly support. So I'll be the one to give it to you."

*End of Trigger Warning*

After an hour or so of just staying in each other's grips and Jason had calmed down, my butler called us to dinner.

"Come on Jason, let's shove some food into that belly of yours."

I carefully take in his features, we both had red puffy eyes no doubt from crying. After washing our faces and hands, we went down to the dinner table.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, and tell me what you all think about this. Sorry it's short again.

Have a great day/night.