{Chapter 6}

Jason's PoV

I got Nico one more new pairs of clothes for his first day of school. I bought him one more pair of ripped plain black jeans with a chain attached to it, a hoodie with a skull and some leather gloves with a pair of black sneakers. What's with this kid and skulls??

It was finally time to enter the stationary store

It was finally time to enter the stationary store. He bought a plain black backpack that had a badass skull in a light grey, Some black pens, typex, artist pencils, colours, some pastel highlighters, a small scizzor and a mini gluestick. He also bought some fine liners too with a grey pencil case. And how could we possibly forget the planner? Those ridiculous things are a waste of money.

"Come on kiddo, let's go back home. Then we can watch a movie and eat something. How does that sound?" I ask the adorable kid.

"Okay." He says, with a monotone voice.

I knew something was up, but I didn't want to make him uncomfortable or annoyed at me continuesly prodding him.

"Hey, you have me now. Feel free to tell me your worries. I love you Nico, you're like my younger brother. I can't bare seeing you hurt, baby boy." I say instead of asking him for the millionth time, 'What's up?'

"I know Jay." He gives me a half hearted smile.

This time for dinner, I decided to make some food. I whipped up some burgers for the two of us and poured in some cola in cups.

After the two of us ate even though we didn't want to, I swirched on a movie.

*Two Hours Later.*

"Nico, it's time for you to sleep. You have your first day at school. I'm going to go for an interview and cross our fingers to hope I get the job."

"Okay Jason." Nico tiredly got out from his place and walked into our shared room. He changed into some night clothes and I changed into some formal, presentable clothes.

Let's hope this interview goes by quickly. I'm already feeling uncomfortable in this suit.

*When he reaches his job place.*

I stepped out the car dusting off the invisible dirt from my suit. I looked up at my, hopefully, soon to be place of work. The glass windows were colossal. They were clear, the reflection making it look like a mirror. A new building no doubt. The sign at the top of the building was named, 'Elijah Enterprises' (Totally a random name 😂). At least this wasn't the Wayne Enterprises, because I would die another time, right on the spot.

I opened the gigantic doors to the building, gracefully walking into the reception area. A red heared woman with beautiful green eyes diverted her gaze to my equally as mesmerizing blue eyes. Let's not get ahead of myself here. She appeared to be 38 or so, way to old for me. A good twenty years to be precise.

"Ah, you young handsome man must be Jason Todd. Please wait in this area for the boss to show up." She says in a honey filled voice. I smiled at her, unsure why she all of a sudden took an interest in me. She pointed to the red leather sofas with the unnaturally big coffee table in the middle. There was a fountain of water to the side and cups stacked neatly on a side table that was next to it.

I walked over, feeling a piercing gaze follow my every move. This lady was definately freaking me out.

With my water in hand, I sat on the sofa, an awkward silence suffocating me.

There was a twenty minute wait, when the lady's eyes stopped peircing my verg soul. "Jason Todd, the boss acquires your presence in his office. I shall escort you there."

Great, now she was speaking fancy, no doubt to impress me.

"Sure, lead the way." I gesture for her to  advance before I did.

The five minutes the lift took getting up to the highest floor was dreadful. The creepy lady was still staring at me like I was her next meal. When the lift 'dinged' I was more than happy to rush away. The door opened to a big room filled with paper work and a desk. A swingy chair, a sofa and a table was also seated neatly in the room.

"Ah Jason. Please leave us be, Rachel." A gruff but calming voice sounded. From the corner of my eyes I saw her scowl, but she obliged anyway.

"Take a seat on the sofa whilst I preare for you a coffee."

I sat in the plush and comfortable sofa, awaiting the mysterious mans presence.

When he walked in, I got a proper look at him. He had blonde hair and hazel brown eyes, his skin as smooth and white as milk. He looked to be 35 years old.

"My name is Elijah Jones and I assume you are eighteen? Correct?" He asked with an amused smile. I cautiously nod my head.

"I'm sorry if I sounded creepy, it's just that kids your age would do drugs, drink and become criminals. To say I was surprised by your age was the least. I was just checking the files to be correct."

I nod my head in understanding. My voice had decided to ditch me and my hands had started sweating. I was nervous.

"You seem scared Jason."

I let out a sigh and take in a deep breath. Then let it out again.

"It's not that. It's just, recently I decided to adopt a little boy."

"At such a young age?" He asks with shock written all over his face.

"You could say, he reminded me of myself when I was younger. I just didn't want him to have the same excuse of a childhood I had. If I don't get the job, I don't know what  I will do." I truthfully answer.

"Hm. A kind and sympathetic boy. Consider yourself hired. You start first thing tomorrow at eleven."

What did tou all think of this chapter? Tbh with you all I felt like I dragged this on. Please to tell me.

But anyway, have an awesome day/night.