Chapter 20- Secrets Come Out

Hey Guys... I kinda realized, I start all my chapters and notes with: Hey guys. Just a little side bar. I want to thank you for all of your suggestions and comments on where the book will go. Some of you are not going to like the way the book is headed but trust me... I HAVE A PLAN!! Please don't stop reading or starting hating the book because of what I'm doing because it all fits into a master plan. :)

Clary's POV-

Positive. 

+

That one symbol hit me like a brick. My whole world came crashing down. What am I going to do? How will Jace react? Will he still want to be with me? We're not even married! 

Isabelle gasped. She looked at me and saw my face. She pulled me into a hug and we just stoop there for what fealt like forever. A single tear rolled down my face. I don't want to be pregnant. 

I heard a knock on the door which startled both of up. 

"Clary? Are you in there?" I heard Jace call from the other side of the door. I quickly threw away the test and the box and wiped away my tears. I opened the door and smiled. He gave an odd look, being that Isabelle was in the bathroom with me.

"Just a little... girl time." she said before walking out. 

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm going out to grab some food and I was wondering if you wanted some." he asked.

"Yea that would be great." I said. I gave him my order. I then shut the door and slid down into a sitting position. I sat there for a long lime. I thought about everything that was going to happen and everything that is already happening.

After a long time of contemplating, I decided to wait a month and a half before telling Jace. I don't know why that precise amount, but it just felt right. 

These next few weeks were going to be some very difficult ones. 

----- a month and a half later ------

It was late at night and I was laying in bed, tossing and turning. I couldn't sleep. I know that I eventually had to tell Jace. Soon actually. I thought- "What the hell, I'll just do it now." I thought. I climbed out of bed and walked the ever so familiar route to Jace's room. I knocked on the door before opening it slowly. He was sitting in his bed, reading a book. 

"Clary, hey. Why are you up so late?" he asked, putting his book down.

"Jace, there's something I have to tell you." I said. He moved over in his bed, patting the spot next to him. I walked over and sat down. Looking at him.

"There's no easy way to say this so I'm just going to say it." I said. I continued, "I'm pregnant." 

He looked at me in shock. I sat there looking down at his hands for a long time. 

"H-how long?" He asked.

"A month and a half."  I replied. He let out a breath of air. 

"I just want you to know Clary that I will stand by you side the whole way. I'm not going to end up like on of those dead beat dads that runs out on their kid. I love you Clary and we're in this for the long haul." He said. A tear rolled down my face. A tear of joy. We hugged and then kissed.

"Why don't you just sleep in here tonight." He suggested. I nodded and we both laid down. Neither of us were very tired so we just laid there, cuddling and talking. We talked mostly about our life and how things would change one we brought a baby to the story. The he said something that I was a little surprised about.

"Clary, will you marry me?"

I would like to dedicate this chapter to Nebraska72099 she helped me a lot with figuring out how the plot was going to go and all that. I encourage you all to follow her that would be suuuuper cool. If you follow her and comment that you have, I will follow you!