Chapter 18- Fireworks

Clary's POV-

Jace kissed me.

He really kissed me. That actually just happened. I was so worked up over what had happened and Jace was there for me and felt so close to him. When he leaned I wasn't even thinking about what was happening. It felt natural. The second our lips touched I felt fireworks. Then I heard Lisa say something. Then everything came crashing down. The little bliss that I was in was shattered as Jace ran out of the room after Lisa. I touched my lips, smiling. 

After sitting on my bed I decided to talk to Isabelle. So many thoughts and emotions were now going through my head. I knocked on here door and she opened.

"Hey Clary, come in." She said, sitting down on her bed and patting the spot next to her. 

"I have something to tell you." I said, a little nervous to tell her, wondering what she would think. I continued, "Jace kissed me."

A wide smile spread across her face. "I knew you guys weren't completely over" Her smile slowly faded as she thought about it more. "Lisa." I nodded.

"She came into the room right as he kissed me and immediately rushed out after shouting 'what the hell?' and then Jace ran after her." Isabelle let out a sigh.

"Jace isn't the brightest." She said with a smirk. "What do you feel about all of this?" She asked me.

"I'm so confused now. I thought I was over Jace but the way he defended me today and when he kissed me. All these emotions got stirred up and now I don't know." I replied.

"Follow your heart, that's all I'm going to say." She said. "I'm going to check on Jace. Think about things, I know you'll figure out the right thing to do." And with that she got up and walked out of her room. 

I got up and made my way back to my room. It was getting sorta late so I decided to go to sleep. I got into some comfy pajamas and laid down in bed. No sleep came. No matter how hard I tried I could not fall asleep. I laid in bed and played today over and over. I then thought about Jace. In the back of my mind I kept the thought of what he did to me and the pain he brought to me. Eventually I decided I forgave him. Everybody makes mistakes and that was his. I then came to the realization:

I love Jace.

I looked at my clock and it was already 2 in the morning. I slowly got out of bed and but on a sweater. I slowly opened my door and tiptoed my way down the hall. This route was so familiar to me. I stopped in front of a wooden door, like all the others. The only difference is what was held behind it. Jace.

I tapped lightly on the door. 

"Come in." I heard him say. I slowly pushed the door open and stepped in, closing it behind me. "Clary, is everything okay?" He said, sitting up in bed.

"No I just, I can't sleep." He gave a little smile and slid over in hes bed, patting the space next to him. I walked over and climbed into the bed next to him. We both laid down, me snuggling into his chest. His scent calmed me. 

"I'm sorry for ruining your and Lisa's relationship." I whispered. 

"It fine. We weren't meant to be." I replied. I sat up a little bit to look him in the eyes.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked. He nodded. "Do you still have feelings for me?" He looked me in the eyes with a sincere look. He gave a smile.

"Yes." He replied. I started smiling. He sat up, getting closer. He leaned in and kissed me. It felt the same way as it had before, fireworks. 

"I love you Clary." He said, breaking away from his kiss.

"So do I." I said. We kissed again and laid back down. 

"What if we weren't brother and sister." I asked.

"What do you mean?" he replied.

"We don't look alike and you never know Valentine is a good liar." I turned my head and looked at him. He was looking back at me. 

"There's only one way to find out. Tomorrow, we can go see Magnus. He has a spell that will tell us if we're actually related." I moved up and kissed him again, laying back down on his chest. I slowly fell into a deep sleep.

Jace's POV-

I woke up to Clary sleeping on my chest. Memories of yesterday and last night rushed back into my  head. Clary let out a little sigh and moved to look and me, giving me a little smile. She is so cute.

"Good morning." I said.

"Good morning to you too." She said back. She moved up and kissed me. Fireworks. 

"Do you still want to see Magnus today?" I asked. She nodded. "We should probably get up its already... 2 in the afternoon?" I said, a little surprised that we slept that long. 

She sat up, her hair in a mess. I am so lucky to have someone like her.

"I'm going to go shower and get dressed." She said, starting to get up. I grabbed her hand and pulled her back down, kissing her one more time. She  gave out a laugh. 

"Okay seriously I probably stink and look like crap." She said, getting out of bed. I reluctantly let her. As she walked out she gave me one more smile.

"Your beautiful." I said. She smiled and walked out of the room. I decided to shower too. Once I was done we met up in the library. I grabbed her hand and we walked out onto the streets. I hailed a taxi and we were on our way. We reached Magnus's house in a short amount of time. I paid the driver and we got out of the car. 

I knocked on the door and it was opened by one of his servants and we were lead to where he was sitting.

"Jace, Clary, to what do I owe this visit?" Magnus asked, standing up. I explained out situation and Magnus gave  little smirk. "I was wondering when you were finally going to ask me that." he said, walking over to a shelf that help some potions. I searched for a minute before grabbing a clear bottle. 

"Put this on the palms of your hands and wait. If it turns red, that means you guys are, in fact, siblings. If it turns blue, you guys are not related what so ever." He said.

We poured a little into out hands and waited. Slowly color was added to our hands. Blue.

I looked at Clay.

"We're not related." She whispered, amazed. She wiped off the liquid onto Magnus's couch and turned to me and kissed me.

"Come on, that's real zebra pelt!" Magnus said, running over to his now blue spotted couch.

"Thank you Magnus." I said before linking hands with Clary and walking out.

"Hungry?" I asked her. She nodded with a smile. We started to walk towards a little café. 

Right now, everything was perfect.

----

Authors note- 

Thank you all for the comments! 

I absolutley love to hear what you guys have to say so please leave a comment or message me. Who knows, your idea could be a big part of the book! Again I love you all!