Chapter 10- You're a...

A/N Hey guys... thanks for all the feedback on my previous questions! Just gonna keep these short and simple from now in.. thanks for all the votes, comments, and reads! I posted this on my wall but I'm gonna post it on here anyways... If you don't already know these things...

1) I talk a LOT I have an authors note and the begining and end of every chapter

2) I read EVERY comment and take all suggestions to heart I looove votes and comments everybody is amazing

3) I'm a procrastinator! I will sit down to write a chapter and then I will either find something else that needs my attention or I fall asleep (I sleep a lot)

:P Just thought you guys might want to know... feel free to ask me any questions about me or the book I'm more than happy to answer :)

Enjoy :)

Clary's POV-

I was at a loss for words. We were walking down the street and all I could think of was Jace with that girl. Ugh Clary we've been over this! You've moved on! Your going to a club and your going to have fun and forget about Jace!

Once we got to the club we had to stand in line.

"Hey Clary," Isabel nudged me "that guy over there is totally checking you out" She said pointing out a tall tan boy with dark hair and blue eyes. The thing that stuck out the most was the black ink that covered his arms and neck. He was wearing a low v-neck t-shirt.

"Isabel he's a-" I started.

"Shadow hunter" she whispered. Then she looked at me. "Well, are you going to go talk to him or just stand here?"

"I- what if he's like bad, or mean, or maybe he isn't a shadow hunter he just has tattoos?" I questioned.

"Well you never know if you just stand here, now go! You wanted to get over Jace, well here's your chance" she said giving me a little push towards him. I slowly made my way over to him. He was quite handsome, with his piercing blue eyes. There was something sort of mysterious about him.

"Hi" I said awkwardly my hand on my arm.

"Well hello" he said back. "Has anyone ever told you your quite beautiful?" he asked.

"Um no" I responded. Why must I be so awkward around people.

"Well you are" He responded then looked around. "I don't know about you but I dont want to wait in this line forever, come with me I have a shortcut" he said then winked. I looked at Isabel and she smiled, waving me as if to say 'go!'. I reluctantly following him out of the line and through the back of the club. I followed him to a back door, where he took out a screw driver.

"Wait you can't break into the building!" I whispered. He gave me a sly smile.

"Oh come on, it'l be fun, by the way, I never caught a name" he said focusing back on the door knob.

"Oh I'm Clary and you are?" I asked.

"William, Will for short." he said.

"I have to ask... those tattoos..." I said.

"Oh um well, there special just, its confusing" he said. I knew it. He's a shadow hunter and he thinks im a mundane.

"Would they by any chance be called... runes?" I asked. He looked at me first with wide eyes, then a look of confusion, then I think he figured it out.

"you're a..."

"Yep, shadow hunter." I replied. He had stopped trying to break in to the club.

"So why New York?" I asked.

"Well you know the shadow Valentine" I laughed.

"Sure lets say that." I responded.

"Whats that supposed to mean" He asked.

'Well its a long story" I replied.

"I have time" He replied leaning against the door.

"Well... Valentine's my... father."

A/N Hey guys :) Sorry bout not updating! I've been really busy with basketball games but my seasons over now so yea :) Let me know what you think of the book!