Chapter 16- Lisa's Side of the Story Part 3

Lisa's POV-

I was afraid to go home. What if Danny came looking for me to see if I was still with Jack. So for now he is letting me stay at his place. It's been going pretty good here. I wake up every morning, go downstairs, make Jack and I breakfast, then he goes off to work, finding other girls that are being sold. He hasn't found any other girls after me, thought. After he gets back he sit down and talk or watch a movie and just have a good time. It's been about two weeks since Jack saved me and everything is going great. One day after he came home we were sitting on the couch, just talking about random things. One night he brought up the topic I have been putting off for a long time.

"So Lisa, not that I don't like your company here, I really do! But what do you think your going to do?" he asked. I didn't know how to respond. Honestly I haven't thought about that at all.

"Well, I-I'm not sure exactly. I guess it's been long enough I should probably get home now. I have been using your clothes, eating your food an I've probably overstayed my welcome. Maybe tomorrow, since its a Saturday, you could drive me home... I guess." I said. I just wanted to stay here forever I didn't feel safe anywhere else.

"I guess that sounds good." He said. It almost seemed like he was disappointed.

"Well I think I'm gunna go to bed." I said getting up from the couch and walking to my room. As I laid in bed a small tear rolled down my face. My time here has been so good I don't want to leave. I don't feel safe at home. I know that Danny thinks that Jack is my "master" and that he would never let me go, but I just don't know. What if one day I was home and he came just to check up and see that nothing has happened to my apartment, or worse, he's sold it. I fell asleep with worried thoughts.

I woke up to the they I have been dreading since Jack saved me. The day I have to go home and return to normal, or as normal as I can get it, life. I stumbled my way out of my room, which will not again just be a guest room, into the kitchen where I saw Jack on the phone. I could faintly hear him talking. 

"Yeah I know. Thank god she's going home today. It's been long enough! I'm not getting any if you know what I mean because she's always here." I could feel my heart sink in my chest. He didn't want me here. I let out a little cry and he whipped around with wide eyes. He immediately put the phone down.

"L-Lisa, how much of that did you hear?"  he asked, a worried look on his face.

"Enough." I said and stormed back into my room. I would hear him run after me but I locked the door so he couldn't get in.

"Lisa come on open the door! I'm sorry I didn't mean all those things I was just trying to sound cool to my friend!" I sat on my bed for a minute, listening to him. I stood up and grabbed the little things I had, the few pairs of clothes he gave me and the few morsels of clothes I came in. I shoved them into the bag that the clothes came in. I headed towards the door. Before I opened it, I turned around and took one last look at the room. I will definitely not be coming back here ever again. 

I opened the door to see him standing right in front of me.

"Lisa please forgive me, I'm so sorry please don't go." he said. I brushed past him and walked towards the door. "Where are you going? You don't have any money to get anywhere!" he shouted.

"I'll figure out a way. I'm just getting out of you way so you can get some." I said mocking him. He ran up to me and grabbed my arm. I automatically flinched and he recoiled instantly, forgetting what had happened to me. 

"At least take some money." he said handing me a wad of cash. I hesitantly took the money. I looked up at him, with hurt in my eyes.

"Goodbye Jack." I said. I turned around, opened the door, and walked out leaving him in his spot. I could here him scream something and I heard a crash, assuming he threw something. I walked out of the building and onto the street. I walked to the nearest buss stop and waited for the next bus. By the time it got here it was already noon and I was starving. Why didn't I storm out after I ate breakfast? Oh well. I boarded the bus and went to an empty seat. After the doors squeaked shut and the bus started moving, I watched the city fade into the distance. A single tear rolled down my cheek. I must have fallen asleep because all the sudden I heard a man shouting at me to get off the bus. I reluctantly climbed off the buss and into my home town. I slowly walked to my house. So many great memories were help there, and so many terrible ones, too. 

3 months later---

"Alright Jenny I'll see you at the club!" I said, leaving my work. I work at a department store with my now best friend, Jenny. She's the only one that knows about the whole Danny and Jack incident and I plan on keeping it that way. 

I hopped into my car and drove home, still shuttering as I opened the door, memories pouring out. This is the first night I've been out since the night of the... incident. I hopped into the shower quickly, because I didn't have a lot of time. I got out, dried off, and did my hair. Nothing too complicated just down with waves. I pulled my dress on, grabbed my phone, wallet, purse, and pepper spray. I'm not taking any chances since Danny. Once I was in the club dancing with Jenny having a great time, I saw the person who I would come to call Jace.

-----End of Flashback-----

"And you guys know the rest" Lisa said.