eight

it had been a week since the principal told jungwon and sunghoon to enroll in a club. it was a school rule to be involved in at least one club and being idols did not give them an exception. of course, they would miss out many weeks, but that didn't stop them from being involved in one. sunghoon gladly joined the ice skating club in which they went out the ice rink at least once a week for practice and fun. jungwon, on the other hand, struggled to choose one. originally he was going to follow sunghoon but quickly realised he could not skate for his life. so eh stook before the doors of the gym. he was unsure of it, but he could at least try.

"are you going in?"

he spun around to be greeted with jian, her head slightly tilted to the right, questioning him. he moved out of the way so that the girl could go past, but she held the door open. he looked at her confused and then realised she was holding the door for him. he quickly held the door and followed the girl like a lost puppy.

"i heard you might join our club."

he looked at her confused yet again before realising it was probably sunghoon who had spread the word. he mentally rolled his eyes at sunghoon and nodded his head in acknowledgment of her words.

"i'm the vice president of this club." she said.

jungwon nodded and then his eyes unconsciously fell on her knees. they still had scabs from the last time he saw her and she had an ankle brace on to support her ankle.

"your knees aren't fully healed." he blurted out, then immediately regretted it. he definitely didn't want to be caught paying extra attention to her.

she was taken aback as to how he even remembered such a detail. he surely would've been busy with his training and everything, but he remembered.

"i ... it's getting better ..."

she started to pull out the racquets and then held one out for the boy. hesitantly, he held onto it. he was unsure about this. he knew how to do taekwondo, but never in his life did he try a sport with a racquet. jian sensed his hesitation and smiled at him softly.

"it's okay. everyone has a first time right?"

he nodded. the girl beamed at the younger who started to walk towards the court. he noticed that no one was here except the two and it didn't seem like anyone else would be coming. jian seemed to understand his confusion once more.

"everyone decided to ditch today. so it will only you and me." she said before immediately clasping her hand over her mouth. she really didn't know where that confidence came from.

they boy's heart managed to skip a beat. this girl was something. he had never felt something like this before. his heart rate rapidly increased as the girl gently touched his hand to correct his position. he silently prayed that she couldn't hear his heartbeat. unconsciously, the girl took a step closer, closing the already small gap between them. she wrapped her arms around her body, reaching for his arms and gently pushing his legs as well for the perfect posture. then she realised she was basically back hugging him and abruptly let go. she coughed and turned away.

"sorry."

the boy could barely look up at her, but then remembered. he was going to debut soon and he couldn't afford to have any distractions. he looked up at the girl who was quietly scolding herself while taking her place on the other side of the court.

"let's ... play."

and then the game started. she was surprised at his rapid improvement within minutes of the game. even jungwon himself was surprised at his own abilities. no one had ever been able to play this well in such a short time. she was impressed. it wasn't long before both were drenched in sweat. their stamina were just too high; they could've gone on for ages if it wasn't for the grand entrance of enhypen.

a/n:
- lowkey this is just me talking to myself lol sad
- tired of school and its only been like 3wks but its also already been 3wks wtf
- hope u enjoyy