fifteen

it had been three weeks since sunghoon had confessed to the girl and they were awkward. anyone could tell that something had happened between the two. the atmosphere was weird and the other boys just couldn't seem to tell why it felt ... different. the girl couldn't help but to avoid sunghoon at all costs. she was just not ready to face him again, especially after finding out that her best friend liked him. no one liked this weird atmosphere, but no one had the courage to ask them about what happened. to be honest, jian nor sunghoon had the courage to even tell any of them about the whole incident.

***

heeseung, jay and jungwon had come over to the girl's house, simply because they were bored and they wanted to know why she and sunghoon were in such a situation. the girl did feel slightly awkward when the boys brought it up, but she understood that it was going to happen sooner or later.

"he ... uh... confessed to me?"

"he whAT?" they screamed in unison.

jian jumped in her seat. that was not a reaction she was expecting.

then they all faced her and asked, "what did you say?"

she felt pressured. suddenly, she felt was like she did something wrong and she started to feel more guilty towards sunghoon. "well, i don't feel the same so ..."

then the boys started laughing. that was also not a reaction she expected.

jungwon took a glance at the confused girl and slipped away from his hyungs who were still finding the whole situation so interesting.

"hey noona."

"jungwon, why are they laughing like that?" she asked, still extremely concerned at the two boys who were now rolling on the ground and spitting out a few words in between laughter.

he smiled and reassured her, "trust me noona. everyone already knew of sunghoon hyung's liking for you. we just never realised you wouldn't like him back."

her eyes widened, starting to feel guilty again and jungwon noticed, "no, it's not a bad thing noona. he already knew this was going to happen and actually, i think he was confused about his feelings himself. you do know that he's been hanging out with yujin noona a lot in the past week?"

she looked at him in shock, "reALLY?"

he nodded, smiling at the sight of the girl's change in mood. "yeah. they really get along. i think anyone can tell that yujin noona likes sunghoon hyung and sunghoon hyung's starting to appreciate her presence a lot more."

jian smiled at her best friend's progress already. she was proud.

"basically, noona. you don't have to feel bad. sunghoon hyung probably wants to still be friends and you're going to see him like every day still."

"i know, but i just can't help but to feel sorry every time. he's a really nice person. i just ..."

"it's okay noona. it's not your fault you don't like him. he understands. he's a cool person. he'll probably pretend such thing has never happened. trust, in a few years, this will just be joke to him."

she smiled. it wasn't a big deal. no one cared and she certainly didn't have to think about it all the time either. her heart was more at ease.

"guys, do you want pizza? i'll order a few."

the boys immediately stopped rolling on the ground and started to shout orders at her (and thank her of course). she laughed, taking note of their preferences.

***

yujin had called sunghoon out, well, because she was bored and her dear friend already had guests over. she could've easily gone over to jian's place, but she realised sunghoon was at home with the other three members and she had the perfect chance to call him out. she had called him asking if he wanted ice cream and surprisingly, he said okay.

yujin stood in the cold, in her tracksuit pants and hoodie. she forgot to wear anything warmer due to her overexcited self, but it was bearable.

"yujin!"

she turned around and saw sunghoon walking towards her. she smiled.

"hey sunghoon!"

he took a quick glance at her. "why'd you dress so thinly? we're literally going into winter soon."

she rolled her eyes playfully at his nagging. he drawed out a hotpack from his pocket and gave it to her.

"see, i would give you my jacket, but i'm too cold to do that." he said as the girl punched him. they laughed.

she gladly accepted the hotpack before heading towards the ice cream parlour.

"i still don't get why you want ice cream in this weather."

"ice cream tastes better when it's cold."

"what? how does that even work?"

"these are basics sunghoon. why do yoU NOT KNOW THIS?"

"how in the world is this basics? who in the right mind would eat ice cream in the middle of autumn??!??!"

"mE. now stop complaining and choose a flavour."

"vanilla."

"basic. we'll take one scoop of vanilla and one scoop of black sesame please."

she pulled out her card to pay, but the boy beat her too it.

"wth. i was gonna pay." she said frowning. she dragged him out, she was going to pay.

"those people will talk shit about me if i let the girl pay." he said, receiving his card back.

"what are you? 50? why are you stuck in such an ancient world. it's 2020."

"why do you refute all my statements?"

"because i can."

he scoffed, "shut up and eat your ice cream."

she hummed in response, as her eyes sparkled while eating her ice cream. the boy glanced at her and smiled. he had to admit. she was pretty cute.

a/n:
- lowkey think this chapter's a bit shit but i still hope u guys enjoy. tho i wont blame u guys if u dont like it. i had absolutely no ideas for this chapter
- i need people's opinions. would u guys like it if i rlly randomly introduce a new guy as a second lead?
- please leave your thoughts. i rlly need it. thank you have a nice day !