sixteen

with the boys finally debuting, jian and yujin were unable to meet up with them as regularly as before. they still came to school, but often came late or left early due to their hectic schedules. the girls had been up, waiting for the music video to come out and jian could not help but to bombard jungwon with a bunch of messages about how cool everyone was. yujin was the same to sunghoon, except he nearly blocked her when she kept saying that jay and jake was a hundred times cooler than him. their debut was spectacular. the debut showcase, the music show performances. for a rookie, they certainly started off strong and jian couldn't have been prouder. because she knew how much time and effort was put in to perfect these performances, she felt even prouder.

***

jian stood awkwardly outside big hit entertainment. the boys had invited her to the company to watch them practice and to eat lunch together in the practice room again and she could not disagree when niki had practically cried to get her to come.

"noona!"

she turned around to see jungwon with a hat and mask, run towards her. she smiled and quickly followed him into the company.

"i'm excited to see you guys practice and the food. what are we eating?"

the boy laughed the girl's desire for food.

"we ordered chicken again because sunoo hyung has been singing for chicken since last week."

she smiled and nodded. she had been craving the same thing as well, so she was satisfied. they boy lead him into the practice room where the other boys were drinking water and resting.

"hey jian!"

"hi!"

"noona did you miss me?"

"i know you missed me."

"shut up hyung she missed me more."

she laughed at the boys. they never seemed to get any more mature and she liked it, though it was always a surprise whenever they said or did something mature.

jungwon stepped forward, "come on. let's practice this song once more and then we can eat."

the boys cheered and the girl went to sit at the front of the room. she wanted the best view possible for this rare moment.

she couldn't deny that these boys had the most amazing talent. yes she had seen people who were good, but she had never seen people who were this good, especially for a rookie as well. but beyond rookies, they were just normal people, normal idols, and their talent were the same as older generations, maybe even better. their flawless movements and expressions that skillfully expressed the song. she was awed. by the time they were finished, her eyes shone and she started clapping. it was amazing to the extent words could not describe how incredible they were.

***

food. it was funny how everytime they started to eat, the room would be almost silent and the only sounds that could be heard were the sounds of chewing. jian glanced at everyone from time to time and undoubtedly, one of the boys' most favourite thing was eating. their favourite was, of course, performing.

heeseung noticed it was too quiet and piped up, "since jian is her, should we talk about stuff we talked at i-land again? like our past crushes."

the boys suddenly started talking, reminiscing the stories of each person. it was very interesting. jian looked around confused and jungwon helped her out, "we used to tell each other stories about our crushes and just like our love life cause like, we're boys. what more do we have to talk about apart from knowing about each other?"