seventeen

"lee jian?"

everyone stopped and turned to look at the two.

"you two know each other?"

the rest of the txt members then stepped closer towards the girl.

"waIT. IS THIS THE LEE JIAN?"

"what you mean like that lee jian we always hung out with?"

"the lee jian from XXX middle school? the same one as taehyun?"

"wait you're that lee jian?"

heeseung then stopped and piped in, "wait a minute. you're telling me you're the same lee jian that we always hung out with until like two years ago?"

the girl looked at the oddly familiar boys, remembering that heeseung used to train with the txt members and then said, "i think i am that lee jian." she smiled.

the txt members ran to her, trapping her in a group hug, except for taehyun who stood slightly outside the group circle. heeseung stood there gaping, realising the girl he had been hanging out with in the past few months was the same girl he had hung out with when he used to train with the txt members. jungwon stood there trying to match the dots. same middle school, one year older, a trainee. it just had to make sense that their sunbae and close friend, kang taehyun was the boy the girl had been talking about. he looked over to his members and they all seemed to have the same thought.

"wait so you all know jian?"

the txt members let go of each other, beaming at the enhypen members.

"yeAH we basically hung out everyday. taehyun and jian were like really close friends, though they lost contact."

jian smiled weakly at the boys. the boys had already known of how taehyun and she stopped talking; she had always been comfortable with all the members to the extent she could tell them anything.

***

how jian managed to find herself sitting in between taehyun and jungwon, she did not know. maybe it was because the rest of the txt members literally pushed him towards her and sat in various spots, leaving the empty space beside her the only space he could sit in. it had been almost two years since the two last met, and to be honest, they felt awkward.

beomgyu, sitting on the other side of taehyun whispered, just loud enough so only taehyun and jian could hear, "can you two stop acting so awkward? it's not like you two dated before."

that really hit them. it was true. they had never dated. they really had no reason to be awkward. the two took a glance at each other before both smiling. it would've been a lie to say that in that moment, they did not feel anything. their hearts were beating fast, uncontrollably fast. she felt flustered by her body's reactions and quickly turned away to face jungwon. the younger boy looked at her confused, but allowed it when she moved closer to him and wrapped her arms around his. she hang on, hoping jungwon wouldn't be able to hear her heart beat. taehyun at the same time, turned away and faced beomgyu. he looked at him before linking arms with the older boy. beomgyu was literally mocking jian and taehyun's behaviour, but he allowed it because it was kind of cute, to him.

it was very interesting. the txt and enhypen members were eating and talking and being weird in general, but then again there was no way the two groups together would ever be normal. the only two people who were more weird in the eyes of others were taehyun and jian. they sat there stealing glances at each other, yet not daring to speak up to each other first.

***

it was pretty late, past midnight, close to one in the morning. the girl had only just left the practice room and made her way to the exit of the building when she was called back.

"lee jian."

she turned around, seeing taehyun running towards her. she stopped and waited for the boy to catch his breath. then he stood up and asked, "are you going home?"

he mentally rolled his eyes at himself. of course she's going home. what else would she be doing? the girl smiled at the sight of the boy muttering a bunch of words under his breath, something along the lines of how it was a stupid question.

"yeah, i was going to walk home. what about you?"

"i'll walk you home."

she was taken aback slightly. "no, no, it's okay. my house is a bit far."

he smiled in reassurance, "its dangerous for a girl to walk home alone at this time, especially if you have to walk a longer distance."

she was about to refuse, but then again, it was kang taehyun. if he was the same kang taehyun she knew, he would insist until she accepted. she smiled and quietly whispered, "thank you."

the two left the building, their hearts warm, probably due to each other's company. what they didn't realise was jungwon had watched the whole scene unfold. he had come down for the same reason as taehyun, but was beaten to it. with a heavy heart, he trudged back to the practice room.

***

taehyun and jian were silent. it was slightly awkward, yet comfortable. it had been a long time since they had walked home together like this before. but they both felt the need to break the silence.

"how -"

"how -"

they looked at each other and smiled. he gestured for her to speak first.

"how have you been?"

"i've been ... good. very busy i guess. we've only debuted for almost two years now. still gotta be careful."

she nodded. she was familiar with their restrictions and the limitations idols were subjected to, maybe because she hung around two different boy groups already.

"are you even allowed to be walking home with me right now? what if your fans see? what if someone is following us? what if ..."

"hey, don't overthink. we're just walking home. though ... on that note, where do you live?"

"XX apartment."

his eyes widened. "we live in the same apartment?"

"you live there too?"

"what do you mean too? who else lives there?"

"enhypen. they're my neighbours."

"what?! that's so cool. wait why did they never tell us they lived there?!?!?"

she laughed. taehyun smiled at the sight of the girl laughing. then he grabbed her hand and pulled her down a different path. shocked, she just left herself be dragged.

"um where are we going?"

"well since we're headed the same way, i know a detour. one that we'll definitely never get caught in."

she smiled and happily walked along the boy, letting him hold her hand, more carefree knowing that no one could be watching.

a/n:
- thank you sm for 20k reads and like 900votes !! i appreciate it alot 
- on a slightly negative note, i dont rlly know if i should continue
1. cause idk what to write. i literally come up with these chapters on the spot
2. my writing's shit and ik it 
- i actually have a creative due in 2days and i got my first draft ripped apart by my teacher so i am currently under a state of mindblankness 
- anyways thanks for reading. have a nice day !