Are you happy?

I look over at the stuff I have laid across the bed, 3 shirts, a cardboard box, frosting and of course the positive pregnancy test.

Joey was coming home in about one hour, so I have one hour to get my plan prepared. So here's the plan. When joey gets home I'll be on the couch probably sitting with Diane and probably on my phone, Diane will run to Joey and I'll tell him that I just made a cake and it's in the kitchen, I will then secretly grab Diane and get me and her into our shirts then we will wait for Joey to figure out that the 'cake' is a cardboard box covered in frosting, he will hopefully then figure out that he can lift this box up and underneath will be the pregnancy test wrapped in his shirt. Me and Diane will then walk into the kitchen and show him our shirts. Then we will celebrate with the actual cake that I've make.

***

The plan was all set, the house smelt of cake (from the cake I made which made it even more convincing that the cake on the bench was real), I look at my phone which lights up as I look at screen 5:38, Joey would be home any minute now so I set self down on the couch, grab my phone and act like I've just been chilling there for a while, I call Diane over and she happily comes and sits with me.

Not even a minute later I hear the car pulling up to the house, Diane hears this too and begins to get up.

I eventually hear the jangle of the keys and the door swings open showing Joey.

"Hey Jo" I say trying to sound as natural as possible.

"Hey Lo" he replies quickly as he puts down his keys and jacket by the door, I look over as he picks up Diane "hi Diane" he says in a voice similar to my voice for Diane.

"I made cake" I blurt out a bit too quickly, act natural I tell myself.

"Mmm I thought I smelled something."

"It's in the kitchen, help yourself" I reply

"Cool, thanks Lo" To my relief he puts down Diane and she comes running back to me, this is working out perfectly I think to myself.

I wait a few seconds before picking up Diane and taking her into the bedroom. I shut the door quietly and grab the shirts i hid just in case he came into the bedroom before he went into the kitchen. I quickly put on my shirt that has +1 written in the centre near the bottom, and then i put on Diane's shirt that says Big Sister on it.

I then quietly slip back onto the couch with Diane still in my arms then from the kitchen Joey shouts out "what is this Lo, I can't cut it, it's like cardboard... what, what's this" I start walking to the kitchen and when I get there he is unraveling the shirt so I hang back a bit so he doesn't see me.

I hear the pregnancy test fall to the ground and I walk in Joey has the shirt in his hands holding it up so he can read the words '#1 dad', he looks over at me with wide eyes. "Are you serious."

"Yes" I say finally showing my smile, he wraps his arms around me in a tight embrace with Diane of course who was still in my arms.

When he lets go he looks at my shirt then at Diane's then he smiles even more than he already was, which seemed impossible. He then turns and picks up the pregnancy test that was still lying on the ground. "Positive, wow" he says sounding a bit surprised "are you happy?" i ask, he waits a second to reply then eventually says in a joking voice "well i was kind of hoping for cake but i guess this will do."

"Oh I made cake don't you worry about that"

"Then in that case I'm happy" he says jokingly, I punch his arm before pulling him into a big hug.

***

Later that night me and Joey sat cuddling on the couch watching TV and eating the cake that I made.

"So are you happy?" I ask breaking the silence we were just in.

"of course I am Lo" he says and he places a kiss on my forehead.

"not just because I made cake" I ask slightly joking but part of me actually asking. He laughs "no not just because because of the cake, I mean it does taste amazing as usual but no I am so happy that you are pregnant"

"Good, cause I'm so happy and I want you to be too"

He kisses my forehead again then leans down and plants a kiss on my stomach.

We stayed snuggled together for the rest of the night as we both eventually fell asleep tangled together in a snuggle sesh.

A/N alright that was chapter 2 I hope you enjoyed I'll update as soon as possible.