Fireflies

"Hey, idiots, not a werewolf." I glared at them once I finally caught up, and they just chuckled.

"Not exactly our fault." Derek pointed out.

"If I were you, I'd shut up right now because I still wanna kick your ass." I said to Derek, and he just waved me off.

"Is it them?" Scott asked and I squatted down, looking at the footprints.

"We're not the only ones that decided to stick together." Derek said, and I knew that he was right. They both seemed to be smarter than they look. They might just still have a conscience, even though they're following their animalistic instincts.

"Is that gonna make it easier or harder to catch them?" Scott asked.

"Both?" I said, but it sounded more like a question than an answer.

"I don't know." Derek answered him, and I got up from the ground.

"Derek..." Scott walked over to him. "I saw Boyd try to rip two little kids apart."

My eyes widened at the news, but I shouldn't be that surprised. Their thirst for blood is heightened due to not being able to feel the full moon in over four months.

I hate that the alpha pack did this to them. They don't deserve it. And even though Erica and I never got along, she didn't deserve to die.

"Are they gonna do that to everyone they find?"

"Everyone and anyone." He responded, and began to walk on to continue our search for the two rabid, bloodthirsty werewolves.

-

"She tried killing you?" My sister asked Scott after we told her the truth.

"Uh, yeah, yeah." He said, and I sighed at his suckish response.

"Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't either of you tell me?" She said, correcting herself.

"I'll tell you everything, okay? I'll tell you a-anything you want to know. But right now-"

"Just tell me why?" She said, interrupting him.

Scott looked at her and said, "I-I couldn't. Allison, I couldn't let that be the last memory you had of her."

We heard footsteps coming towards, and we all turn just to see Derek with a dead Erica in his arms. I felt my heart break at the sight because the bond between an alpha and their beta is stronger than the bond between parent and child.

"Casey, why didn't you tell me?" Allison looked at me in betrayal.

"To be honest, I-I didn't know how. And I was grieving as well, Allison. I know you deserved to know but telling you wasn't on my mind at the time." I admitted to her, and she shook her head.

"You should have told me."

"And say what, "Oh, I know Mom just died but I almost forgot to tell that the reason she's dead is because Derek was trying to save Scott, your boyfriend, who our mom also tried to kill because of you." So am I wrong for not telling you? Yes. But it wasn't easy for me to know because I hate the fact that I couldn't prevent it."

"Casey, come on!" Scott yelled, taking me out of my thoughts. I quickly followed after him, and we made it just in time to see Isaac and Cora going at it.

Cora threw Isaac away and turned. She looked at us three and snarled angrily at us.

Derek then brought his fangs and claws, his eyes glowing red as he let out a loud snarl in response to her. Cora ran off, and him and Isaac chased after her.