Chapter 3

The next day, I woke up and looked at my phone. I had only one bar left of battery and I had about thirty messages from my mom. Each one asking with what teacher I was staying and if I was okay and to call her back.

I called her but she didn't pick up so I just left it. I put my skirt on and left the tank top I used to sleep in. I had managed to find some long socks in my purse, which I have no idea how they got there, and went to the kitchen. "Good morning Mr. Walsh." I said with a smile on my face. "What are the plans for today?"

"Well, I was hoping that we could play with my Wii for a while, if its okay with you." he suggested.

"Really? You would let me play your Wii?" I asked like a little girl getting candy. He smiled sweetly at me and nodded.

"Oh, Harper, you can change into some clean clothes. My sister left some here the last time she visited me." he said. I looked at him for a second before nodding my head and walking back to the room. I opened the closet and saw all types of dresses. No jeans, no shirts.

I picked out a white puffy dress that went up to my knees. It had flower designs cut into the outer fabric and it had spaghetti straps. It was a size small, so it fit me perfectly. I reached into a drawer and found a couple of white undies and bras. The bras were a little bit smaller than my size but I could manage them and the undies were perfect too.

I walked into the bathroom and took a hot shower. I scrubbed myself clean and washed my hair thoroughly, trying to get all the dirt from being under the teachers desk. I finished faster than I would have liked but I felt relieved.

I got out, dressed, and did my hair. I walked back to the room where I neatly folded my clothes and left it on the bed. I looked around for some shoes and found some new white flats.  I slipped them on and went to the living room. Mr. Walsh was setting up the Wii and putting in the the game.

"Hey Mr. Walsh, whatcha' think?" I asked him. He turned around and looked at me. He couldn't stop staring at me and I could feel a blush coming unto my face. "Is it bad?" I said in a low voice.

He blinked a couple of times and looked down in embarrassment. "Uh, no. It looks lovely on you." he said turning his attention back to the TV. "I hope you like Mario Kart. That's what we will be playing." He said.

"Mr. Walsh, I have never played the Wii, or any game system. So it doesn't matter what game we play." I confessed. He looked up at me again and then stood up.

"Harper, I will show you how to play, then I will challenge you. And to tell you the truth, I only got hits for when my sister comes. She beats me all the time anyways." he laughed. He handed me the control and I took it.

We played for a while before I got tired of looking at the tv. My stomach growled loudly too. Mr. Walsh could help but laugh and that helped me win in the last round. I jumped up in excitement. "I beat you Mr. Walsh!" I yelled. "I'm the best!"

Mr. Walsh looked at me in amusement and then grabbed me by the waist and lifted me up. "And the winner is Harper DiLaurentis!" he announced in a very loud, deep voice. I laughed at that and he put me back down.

"Mr. Walsh, I haven't had this much fun in years." I said calming down after a while. He still had his hands around me. "Thank you." I said putting my hands on his chest and pushing him away a little. "Now, I want to eat." I announced making him laugh even harder.

After he stopped laughing, he lead me to the kitchen. "Alright Ms. DiLaurentis, we have frozen pizza, cereal, and sandwiches." he said, giving me the menu he had in his fridge.

"Wow, that's a toughie." I joked. "I want, a sandwich." I said making my decision.

"Okay your food will be ready in five minutes." he said. I nodded and made my way back to the room. I grabbed my phone again and called my mom one more time. This time she answered and was very scared.

"Mom, I'm fine and I'm staying at Mr. Walsh's place. I'll call you again tomorrow. My phone is going to die and I just wanted to tell you I was okay. I gotta go now. I love you." I said hanging up. The phone blinked for a couple of seconds before turning black. I sighed and put it in my bag and laid back on the bed.

"Harper, food's ready!" Mr. Walsh yelled. I stood up and trudged to the kitchen. I looked at the mega sandwich he had made and looked at him.

"That's huge!" I said.

"That's what she said." he joked. I giggled and then turned red. I had never giggled before. I rarely laughed. I sat down and Mr. Walsh cut the monster in two.

I got a half, while Mr. Walsh took out the drinks.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next day, we went out for a walk in the park. This time I was wearing a yellow sundress. I was able to find a cute hat that went along with it and my sun glasses. I was wearing flip flops with a huge flower on it and I had my hair down. Mr. Walsh had decided to put on some dark jeans and a white polo. He looked absolutely do-able.

Mr. Walsh bought me an icecream cone and we kept walking. I was having a good time. I could see every mother with their child at the park look at Mr. Walsh with this lust look. It kinda got on my nerves how they would glared at me when ever he would make me laugh.

There was this small band playing at the park. "Wait here." Mr. Walsh told me. He walked away from me and I took time to look at my surroundings. The band started playing Stand By Me and I felt a tap on my shoulder. "would you dance with me Harper?" asked Mr. Walsh.

I turned to look at him. I nodded and a huge smile spread across his face. He took hold of my hand and led me in front of the band. He placed a hand on my hip and the other held my hand. He started turning me around and moving along with the music. I laughed and let him pull me along.

After the song was finshed, I was flushed. "Lets go home." he said not letting go of my hand. I nodded and followed him to home.