Chapter 11

Three weeks had passed since the whole incident with Tucker. I was back home and durng school I avoided Mr. Walsh as much as possible. In class he didn't pick on me and didn't even treat me different from the student next to me. It was as if he was trying to ignore me too.

It was a tuesday morning and I just didn't feel like going to schoo. I called in sick and stayed in bed. I still hadn't heard anything from my mom and it was really depressing me. I watched tv all day and when I got bored, I listened to the radio and read.

By four o'clock, I was absolutely bored. There was a knock on the door and I got up from my bed and opened the door. Mr. Walsh stood on the other side with a stack of papers. He looked at me a little relieved and I let him in. "I came to see if you were okay." he said.

"I'm fine. I just didn't fell like going to school." I said. I looked at the paper sin his hand and he handed it to me.

"I brought you your homework. I didn't some of it as I though you were really sick." he said.

"Oh thank you." I said taking the papers from his hand and leaving them on the table. "Well thank you for coming."

"It's a good thing you aren't sick." he said looked at the floor.

"Why?" I asked a little confused.

"Because I wouldn't be able to do this." he said. Before I could ask him what he meant, he pulled me into a kiss. I was too shocked to do anything but then I tried to push him away.

It was useless trying to fight him. He didn't even move and inch and I ended up giving in to his kiss. I wrapped my arm around his neck and pulled myself closer to him. I tangled my fingers in his hair and kissed him back. He pulled away and looked into my eyes. "I've been waiting so long to do that." he said out of breath. I was also having a hard time breathing. "Harper, I love you." he said and pulled me into another kiss.

I turned my head away from his and he frowned a little. "What did you say?" I asked him.

"I said I love you." he repeated. I stared in his eyes trying to find something. There wans't enything in them that said he was playing around. I could feel my eyes sting with the tears and I had to look away.

"Harper, what's wrong?" he asked concerned. I looked at him again and then kissed him.

"I love you too." I whispered against his lips, not really trusting my voice. He smiled and kissed me more passionately.

"Let's run away." he said. "Far away from here. Where no one will recognize us and we can be happy." he held my head in his hands.

"What about your job? What about school?" I asked him. "I only have like less than two weeks before I graduate. We can wait a while longer." I said. He looked at me and nodded.

"You're right. Then we can go away together and not worry what anyone will think." he said. I laughed at his excitement and wrapped my arms around him.

"I'd like that though. Not worry about what people might think. We can move into a new town and everyone will think of us as the new couple that just moved in next door." I said smiling. He grined at me and nodded. "Okay, well I have homework to do and I'm pretty sure you have test to grade or something." I said. He nodded and we let go of eachother. He kissed me once more before walking out the door.

I decided to go to school the next day. I arrived early to Mr. Walsh's class but lucky for me he was already in there. I knocked on the door and he looked up from his desk. "Hey." I said smiling at him.

I made my way to his desk and rested my arms on it. He smiled at me then leaned in to kiss me. I pulled away before he could even touch my lips and he looked ta me puzzeled. "We are in school Mr. Walsh. Control yourself." I said sternly.