Chapter 8

"Harper, wake up hun." I heard a soft voice say in my ear. I opened my eyes slowly and looked into his blue eyes. He smiled down at me before helping me sit up.

"Good morning Mr. Walsh." I said in a very sleepy voice.

"Now, Harper, after last night, I think we should be on the first name basis don't you think?" he asked me. Before I could answer him, he continued. "Anyway, I have to go down to the station early today, would you mind staying here by yourself for a while?" he asked.

I looked at him before nodding my head yes. "Mr. Walsh, I can manage to take care of myself pretty good. I've been taking care of my mom for almost three years now." I said.

"Harper, I will find your mother. I will do whatever it takes tofind her, and once I do, I will help her get better. I will take her to the best hospitals." He said. I could feel the tears sting my eyes and I felt guilty for not thinking of my own mother at all last night.

"Thank you Mr. Walsh." I whispered. He titled my head up a little and kissed me softly. "You should go now." I told him pushing him away from me a little.

"I don't want to go." He pouted, kissing my neck.

I laughed at his childness. "Go, and don't take to long, or I might get bored and find someone else to keep me intertained." I told him. He pulled away from my neck and frowned even more. "Don't be a baby. Go and help make the world a better place." I gave him a peck on the lips and watched as a satisfied smile appeared in his face.

"I'll be back for lunch. Stay put, or you can explore this place." he said. He put on his shoes and walked out the door. I waited for the front door to shut befor eI jumped out of bed. I had so many things to do before he came back, and it was up to me to do them.

I made the bed first then started cleaning his house. I found many intresting things about him, and some that I rather not have found at all. I was going through a box in his room when I heard the front door open. "You're home early." I said walking the the living room. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the lady from the other day.

She looked as suprised as I felt. "Stacy right?" I asked holding out my hand. She looked at it for a second but didn't bother to take it.

"I know what you are trying to do." she said, her voice filled with hate. "I've had my eye on Castiel for almost a year and I have never heard him talk about you. He only wants one thing from you, and thats sex. If you want his money, why don't you just charge everytime he fucks you." she spat. I hadn't noticed that she had gotten closer to me.

"What makes you think I'm anything like that?" I asked, not really taken aback by her porximity. "If you know what type of person I am, doesn't that mean that you are just the same? I mean, it's kinda obviuse that if you think I'm like that, then you have to be like that too, Am I right?"

She looked at me stunt. I could tell she couldn't come up with anything and I smiled. "I uh," she couldn't even form a full sentance.

"Look, Stacy, just leave. Don't make a bigger fool of yourself than you already have. You know where the door is at. I'll get back to what I was doing before you came and bothered me." I watched her turn around to get to the door. Before she could even reach the door knob, Mr. Walsh opened the door.

"Stacy? Are you okay?" he asked. I noticed that her shoulders were shaking.

"Oh gosh!" I sighed. Just what I needed.

"Cas, she was being mean to me. She said that I shouldn't even come here that you don't want to see me anymore." She cried. I could already tell she was faking it.

"Are you going to believe her?" I asked him straight forward. he turned to glare at me. I raised an eyebrow. "Look, Mr. Walsh, you can either believe her, or you can believe me." I said going back to my room. I grabbed some clothes from the closet and went straight for the shower.

I took the most quickest shower any girl could probably take. I got out, changed and let my hair down. I slipped into some black flats and walke dout of the room. I went into the kitchen and found Mr. Waslh smooching with Stacy. I knew he would believe her.

I waited for a while and when I knew there was no chance of them ever seperating, I stormed off to the front door. When I turned the corner, I bumped into something hard. The wind was knocked out of my lungs and I was falling down. "Gotcha little lady." Came a man's voice. He held on to my arms carefully, but strong enough to not let me fall.

He sat me down on the couch as I tried to catch my breath again. "I'm sorry for that." he said. I looked up at him. He was cute. He had black hair, grey eyes, and light tanned skin. He was built like a cowboy, even dressed like a cowboy. "You okay?" he asked. He even smelled like the country.

"Uh, yeah, I'm okay." I stuttered. I closed my eyes and looked down. "I should have been more careful when I turned that corner." I said.

"There is no need to apologize. It's kinda hard to expect someone in this house other than Castiel and my sister." he said smiling. stacy was his sister.

"Okay, well it wa snice bumping into you, but I have to go now." I said standing up.

"Tucker, what are you doing?" Stacy's high voice came from behind him.

"I was just apologizing for knocking her down." Tucker said in his smooth voice.

"She deserves that and even more. Let's go now. I don't want you to be around slutty people like her." she said. I cocked my head to the side and stared her down. Tucker stood up and held out his hand for me. I took it and he helpe dme up to my feet.

"Thank you, Tucker. I'm Harper, by the way." I said with a sweet smile. He nodded back at me and I pushed past Stacy. I opened the front door and walked out into the warm sun. I closed my eyes, taking in the warmth of its rays.

"Harper, get inside now!" Mr. Walsh's voice said in full authority. I opened my eyes and slowly shifted my gaze to him. He stood with his arms crossed infront of his chest. He looked really pissed.

I smiled my most innocent smile ever and grabbed the hem of the dress. I looked down at it, and for the first ime noticed it was a white dress with black flowers imprinted on it. It was fluffy from the hips down and it was heart shapped. I looked back up at Mr. Walsh. "Make me." I said loud enough for him, and Stacy and Tucker, which were inside.

Mr. Walsh took a step out of the house, Tucker right behind his heels. I started backing away form him, but I didn't have to for long. Tucker ran out from behind him and grabbed my hand. "Run Harper!" he said pulling me with him. I let out a suprised scream as he took my hand. I was able to keep up with his long steps, but it was a little harder for me.

Every time he took one step, I took three. We finally reached the park and he took me to one of the many gardens it had. That wa sone of the good things about San Francisco. The parks had so many gardens it was easy to hide from someone. And even easier to get lost.

We finally came to a stopa nd I had to bend over. I had my hand son my knees as I tried to catch my breath and return my heart to its normal pace. After a few seconds of being in that position, I started laughing. I stood up staright and found Tucker sitting on a rock. He looked ta me amused before bursting into a loud laugh too.

I walked over to the rock and he scooted over, leaving me a small space to sit down. "So Harper, why are you staying at Castiel's place?" he asked.

I looked at him and debated whether or not to tell him the truth. "I've known him from school. I went intot he station yesterday and found him there. My mom kinda ran away and he wouldn't let me stay at my place alone since I'm under age. SO I was kinda forced to go to his place and spend some time until my mom is found. Or until I turn 18, which is next week."