P R O L O G U E

PROLOGUE

The Cupcake Girl.

-Jennie's POV-

"Yeah! How many?" I asked as I was holding a rolling pin, trying to keep Harry away from me since he was covered in flour.

"Seven! We need that order in an hour Jennie!" Mom called from the front.

"Okay!" I talk through gritted teeth as I motion for Harry to stop right there.

"Oh come on Jennie Wennie!" He cooed.

"Harry stop playing around, it isn't time for that. Now go wash your hands." I say, running to the other side of the kitchen.

"Jennie stop being so serious! Goodness!" He says, pulling the rolling pin out of my hand and putting it down on the counter.

"Fine. Mix me some dough." I motioned at him, fixing my chef hat that mom gave me.

"Give me a hug first." He grins.

I frowned, but gave him a quick hug. "I'm waiting for the dough Harry." I say.

"Would you stop calling me Harry?!" He whined like a little kid.

"What do you want me to call you!" I chuckled.

"Call me.... Harold," He smiled. "Like you always do back at home!"

"Okay." I say simply.

"Loosen up a bit Jennie! Come on please. The reason we ever got this job was to spend time together right?!" He grabbed my hands and started spinning me in circles.

Before I could say anything, he pulls my ponytail off and my hair lays out.

"Harold." I try to say sternly, but just ended up laughing because it was a silly name.

"Jennie! Take the front with Harry! I'll do the cupcakes." Mom called again.

"Me and Harry are a bit dirty mom! Um.." I thought of more words, but nothing came out.

"It's alright! This is a bakery not church sweetheart!"

Harry laughed as I hit him in the arm.

"What was that for?" He chuckled.

"You are so.." I once again couldn't find anymore words.

"Awesome? Adorable? Irresistible?" He teased as I stuck my tongue out.

"None of those. The opposite." I laughed as he pouted childishly, flipping his curls.

"Look. Watch this. Hot girl in sight!" He whisper shouts slapping my arms playfully.

I glare behind me to see a girl waiting at the front, ringing the bell for someone to go up there.

I smirked as Harry walked up behind the cash register.

He grins, nodding at me before he turns back around and take the girl's order.

She was pretty. REALLY pretty.

"Hi, Harry Styles here to take your order, babe." He says cheekily, and I could imagine him doing that eye thing that got girls.

The girl glared at him obviously because he was just 16 and the girl was like 19.

I stifled a laugh.

"Um. Can I get a dozen red velvet cupcakes?" She simply says, ignoring Harry's remark.

"Sure. What do I get out of it?" Harry wiggled his eyebrows.

"Fifteen." The girl says, about to take out her wallet.

"No. I think I might want seven digits instead, love." Harry stops her as I smirked.

She smiled at him, ripping a piece of paper. "Look, boy. You're sweet. How about you do call me." She says, finally giving in.

Harry is a miracle worker when it comes to girls. He just knows what to always say! Me, I get tongue tied and never show my face again.

Harry grins in triumph, glaring at me with a wide grin as she jotted something down.

I rose my eyebrows, holding a thumbs up. I was never interested in the 'love' concept really, and I wasn't looking for any yet. Probably later I would find someone. But this wasn't the time. I still had this whole life ahead of me. Me and Harry were even planning to go this amazing university once we finished high school. Let's just hope that they let us be roommates. Who knows.

"Yeah, so those cupcakes will be ready in an hour, Holland." He read the name from the tiny piece of paper that she gave him.

"Thanks.. Uhh, Harry it is." She smirked, looking at his name tag.

I smirked, as she left and he came up to me happily.

"She gave me her number!" He screamed in a manly way as he started dancing weirdly.

"Harry, pipe down, will you?" Mom ordered him.

"Yes ma'am." He suddenly stood straight as I laughed.

"Guess you got a date tonight, huh?" I smiled as he nodded heavily.

"I told you I'm awesome, adorable, and irresistible." He smirked.

"Mhm. Well maybe a little." I laughed.

"You HAVE to get me something to wear!" Harry goes. "HELP MEEE!!!"

"Yeah, yeah. Cupcake girl's got it all under control."

"Love my cupcake girl." He coo'd as he hugged me tightly.