Chapter 47

A/N: Once again sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes! Typed this one on my phone!! >.

PS: Read the last A/N for further information ;)

__________________________________

The Cupcake Girl

Chapter 47:

-Jennie's POV-

I helped Chelsea up in my shocked state as she looked at me sympathetically.

"What did he do.." She whispered, also as frightened as me.

A sob left my mouth, as I bit my lower lip.

"Jennie, I know he did something when I wasn't here. What happened?" She rose her voice slightly.

I took a shaky breath in before continuing the harsh story.

Once I concluded, she grabbed me into a hug as she soothingly rubbed my back. "He's a monster." She murmered. "Please don't let him get in between you two."

"B-but he already did.. I don't want Harry hurt because of me.."

"He'll protect you, Jennie. If you both just stay strong, I'm sure it'll draw him away."

I sighed, unsure of Chelsea's suggestion. "O-okay." I stuttered out anyway as we pulled away from the hug.

My mind was stretching out to different thoughts as of now. Thinking about what to do, and what is roght.

Chelsea quickly shuts the door, locking it. She stood there for awhile, just frozen before she twirled back around and studied my facial expressions.

"Are you going to tell him?"

I shrugged. "He'll hurt Alex.. And I don't want him getting angry with Harry again."

"Harry deserves to know what happens to you when he's gone at least." She says. And suddenly, I know that she's right.

"I.. I can't. He can't know.." I bit down harder on my lower lip.

"Then what are you gonna do?" She asks urgently.

"There's only one way, he actually can be safe." I say sadly, fiddling with my fingers.

Chelsea, looked at me confusedly at first, but then she immediately catched on. "No.. You can't." She shook her head.

"I have to," I breathed out, shaking my head as I swallowed the lump growing in my throat.

Chelsea looked me in the eyes, almost to seriously.

"Are you sure you're gonna do this?" She asks quietly. "You're gonna lie to him, just to keep him safe?''

I wanted to do this, but the pain in my heart told me otherwise. "I love him a lot Chelsea.. But... I don't want him getting hurt." I repeat as she sighed, nodding once.

My dad always wanted Harry to keep me safe. But sometimes, I just really wanted to have that thought be mutual. If I had told him anything about Alex coming here and confronting me, it would've just worsened the whole situation. And I didn't want that, anymore.

I motioned for Chelsea to leave me alone for awhile as she nodded understandingly, leaving the room and walking out for now.

I took in an uneven breath as I shakily and nervously took my phone out.

The tears immediately brimmed in my eyes as my eyes landed on Harry's number.

My lips trembled as I turned away, and faced the wall. My tears left my eyes almost immediately, as the sobs that were held behind my throat were now let out uncontrollably.