𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚘

On the other side of the school, was a boy, holding onto a diaphragm. Ben Hanscom, he was, The New Kid On The Block. He was a shorter boy, with light brown hair. He had his headphones on, currently blasting some song by New Kids On The Block. He grabbed onto one of the handle bars on his Bike and stared off at the other kids that were wandering the field, his other hand holding a display of of Derry that he made for a project.

     Out came Beverly her ponytail bouncing ever so slightly on her shoulder. She stood at the top of the stairs impatiently, wanting to just go home and change into something else.

     "You gonna let me go by? Or is there a secret password or something?" She asked bitterly. Ben snapped out of his thought and turned to her. His cheeks turned heated up a bit to a pinkish color.

     "Oh. Um, sorry." Ben said sheepishly, embarrassed a bit as well.

     "Sorry's not a..." Bev trailed off when Ben lost grip of his Display, and watched it fall to the ground while it fell apart. "... Password." She finished when Ben bent over to pick up his display, making him lose grip of his bike. Bev almost felt bad. She sighed, "Henry and his goons are over by the west entrance. So you should be fine."

     "Oh, I wasn't..." Ben trailed off feeling his insides tighten, the more nervous he felt, and the more his cheeks heated up.

     "Everyone knows he's looking for you." Bev said with a small smile. Ben nodded in response. "What are you listening to?" Bev walked up and took the headphones off his ears in one swift motion then put them on her ears. She smiled when she recognized the song. "New Kids on the Block." She said while taking the head phones off.

     "I don't even like them. I was just..." Ben trailed off avoiding eye contact. Something inside Bev's head just clicked like connect the dots.

     "Wait. You're the new kid, right? Now I get it." Bev smirked to Ben. Ben furrowed his brows in confusion.

     "There's nothing to get." Ben said bluntly finally making eye contact.

     "I'm just messing with you." Bev giggled, making Bens heart flutter. Ben was really falling for her, if it weren't obvious by his flushed face. Bev put his headphone on his head. Ben reaches up and tried to put them on the right way, the best that he could with one hand at least.

     "I'm Beverly Marsh." Bev introduced with a smile. She almost forgot about everything that happened in the bathroom.

     "Yeah, I know that 'cause we're in the same class. Social Studies. And you were..." Ben trailed off seeing how her eyes were a lot more colorful in the sunlight. He shook his head clearing his throat. "I'm Ben. But pretty much everybody just calls me..."

     "The new kid." Bev finished for him. Ben just nodded agreeing with her. "Well, Ben, there are worse things to be called." Bev said as a matter of fact. She wasn't wrong, talk about being called a slut or a hoe everyday. Bev took sight of Ben's year book. "Let me sign this." Bev took the year book out of Ben's backpack and pulled out a pen using her mouth to hold the lid as she wrote.

     She flipped the yearbook open seeing that there were no signatures. Ben watched her write timidly as he felt his heart pounding. Bev looked at Ben as she closed the year book, and stuck it back into his bag. Bev held onto her back pack straps and started to walk off, "Stay cool, Ben from soc class."

     Ben smiled a bit more confidently, "Uh, yeah. You too, Beverly."

     "Hang tough, new kid on the block." Bev called out one final time striding across the field. Ben laughed a bit,