𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Inside Eddies kitchen was Richie, Eddie, and Bill. Eddie opened a cabinet full of snacks. Bill was stuffing snacks into a bag. Richie was just wandering around the kitchen.

"Take everything but the Delicious Deals, guys." Eddie told them. "My mom loves them." Eddie mumbled, recalling how many times he would see his mom eating them.

"Hey. First you said the Barrens, and now you're saying the sewer." Eddie looked at Bill while looking down the hall to make sure that his mom wasn't listening. Eddie lowered his voice, "I mean, what if we get caught?"

"We won't, Eds. Th-The sewers are public wo-works." Bill said zipping his bag up. "We're the public, aren't we?" Bill asked with a shrug.

"Hey, Eddie, these your birth control pills?" Richie asked with a sly smirk while holding open a medicine cabinet. Eddies cheeks tinted to a pink as he hurried over to the cabinet.

"Yeah, and I'm saving it for your sister.
This is private stuff." Eddie huffed closing the cabinet. The group tried to hurry out of the house before Mrs. K noticed.

"Sweetie, where you kids off to
in such a rush?" Mrs. K asked looking to her Son, Eddie. Eddie cringed at the nickname. Mrs. K was picking at some nail polish on her thumb while sitting in a lounging recliner chair.

"Um... Just my backyard, Mrs. K. I got a new..." Bill trailed off trying to find the right word. Richie stepped in hitting Bill's arm.

"A new croquet set! Jeez, spit it out, Bill!" Richie smirked a bit. Mrs. K looked unamused as she muttered a 'okay'.

"Oh, and sweetie, don't go rolling around on the grass. Especially if it's just been cut. You know how bad your allergies can get." Mrs. K said with a small smile. Eddie nodded.

"Yes, mom." Eddie replied. "Let's go." Eddie said quickly trying to hurry everyone out.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Mrs. K piped up with a smile. Eddie sighed and made his way to his mom. Eddie timidly leaned over and kissed his moms cheek before hurrying to the others.

"You want one from me too Mrs. K?" Richie asked, then immediately starting to get pushed out by Eddie.

"I was kidding!" Richie yelped while laughing.

"No no no." Eddie mumbled. "Sorry, Mommy!" Eddie called out while closing the door.

"'Your hair is winter fire, January Embers... My heart burns there too.'" Ben mumbled while reading off the post card he was writing on. He smiled softly at the postcard.

Outside the library the four kids were riding their bikes down the street.

"Slow down!" Stan yelled from behind Bill.

"Hi-ho, Silver!" Bill yelled with a smile.

"Your old lady bike's too fast for us!" Richie yelled behind Bill.

A book slammed on the table that Ben was sitting at, making him jump. He hid the postcard in his backpack and looked at the library.

"Found it." The librarian said presenting the 'History Of Derry' book. "Isn't it summer vacation?" She asked. "I would think you'd be ready to take a break from the books."

"I like it In here." Ben chuckled nervously. The librarian wasn't buying it.

"A boy should be spending his summer
outside with friends. Don't you have any friends?" She asked curiously. Ben furrowed his brows, feeling his cheeks turn pink.