𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

(I'll admit, I got a little lazy with the Quarry scene, and I apologize ;w;)

     "Toilet and bath water travel down the drains and into the sewer."

     Bev opened the door and stepped inside her apartment holding onto the bag tightly.

     "The sewer is a fun place to play with all of your friends."

     Bev closes the door as quietly as she can, hoping her dad doesn't hear.

     "Just follow the water into the drains and down into the sewers you go. When you're with your friends in the sewers, you can be as silly as a clown!"

     Bev looks into into the living room to see if her father, Alvin, is there. She sighed in relief seeing as he wasn't, completely oblivious to the Tv.

     "That's right, it's the word of the day."
     Bev walked down the hall, just a few more steps and freedom was right around the corner-

     Bev's dad came face to face with her, as if waiting for her.

     "Hi, Daddy." Bev said In a quiet voice looking down.

     "Hey, Bevvie." Her dad smiled and looked at the bag. "What's in the bag?" He asked curiously. Bev looked at the bag at back to her dad timidly.

     "Just.. some things." Bev mumbled holding onto the bag tightly. She didn't want her dad to know that she bought feminine products.

     "Like what?" He asked taking the bag from her hand. He peeked inside the bag seeing the box of tampons. Bev stared at the wall, keeping away from his glance. Bev's dad looks back at Bev with a somewhat threatening smile, as he places his hand on the side of her neck, and the bottom of her cheek. He placed his other hand on the top of her hair, and sniffed her.

     "Tell me you're still my little girl..." He said quietly, as Bev tried her best not to tremble. Her eyes were tearing up as she focused on saying two words.

     "Yes, daddy.." Bev mumbled. Her dad smiled a bit and gave her the bag back, then pushed passed her to the living room. Bev sighed in relief going into the bathroom and closing the door behind her, locking it.

     Bev opened the sinks cabinet stuffing the Tampons in the back, her eyes landed on a pair long and thin silver scissors.

     Bev gripped onto the sink counter while clutching the scissors in her right hand. She looked at herself with her hair down, the hair that caught everyone's attention, the same hair that caught the attention of older people too. Her dad. Oh- the way he stroked it, and sniffed her hair.

     The sink faucet was on, covering the noise of her crying. Bev was sobbing and shaking as she's finally going to put an end to it.

     She rose the scissors to her hair, and hesitated. Did she really wanna do this? What if it looks bad? All of the anger and built up emotions from her dad, Mr. Keene, Gretta, just everyone in general, flowed through her body and made her snip the hair.

     Bev held onto the piece that was now separated from her hair. She dropped it into the sink and started to cut at her hair, more aggressively.

     "This is what you did." She muttered cutting more off. "This is what you..." She sniffs in anger cutting more off, the pieces of hair falling into the sink. Chunks of hair just sat there as the water tried to push it all down the drain. "This is..." Bev finally stopped and looked in the mirror, her hair was uneven and a lot shorter than before. She set the scissors down with a shaky hand and touched her hair running her fingers through it.