Chapter Twenty-Eight

~•Y/n First Person POV•~

It's so bright, was my first thought. My second thought was about the stale smell engulfing my body. Where am I?

I tried to move but found myself unsuccessful. I didn't try again because it felt nice. It felt nice to be still. I felt at peace with the atmosphere, even though the stale smell burned my nose, and the lights were shining too bright for my liking. My mind then lingered to my other senses. I could feel something surrounding me. It was thin and very cold. Then I noticed the room's temperature. It's absolutely freezing in here. I couldn't hear anything, which caused me to panic. The quiet tore at me. I wanted the silence to disappear and be replaced with sound. Any sound at all.

I later would find myself yearning for the silence once more.

I wanted to fill the air with words of my own, but found my attempt unsuccessful. I couldn't speak. It was right then and there I realized how thirsty I was. My throat desired nothing more than water. The pause was now ruined, and all I wanted was for everything to be in motion.

The first thing I was able to do was open my eyes. I was blinded, but that, thankfully, sent the rest of my body in motion. I shot myself forward and looked around for water.

"You're awake." A woman smiled.

"Water," I croaked.

She nodded and hurried off. Knowing that water was on the way, I was able to relax. I leaned back and absorbed my surroundings. A hospital. Oh, right, my father sent me here. Ukai One found me and took me here. No. No, that's not right. That happened years ago.

The nurse hurried back inside with a doctor, but more importantly, my water. She handed it to me as the doctor began asking me questions. "How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Thirsty," I retorted.

"I can see that," he chuckled. "Do you know why you're here?"

I paused for moment. Within that time, I was reminded of all of the events that led me to this hospital bed. I remember his expression as split the room apart. I've never seen someone act like that, let alone an adult. I remembered his approach and the way he towered over me. I remember him launching me onto glass. I remember jumping up, just to fall back down and hurt my wrist. I was then reminded of her. "I want to leave," I whispered.

"We can't do that, you just woke up. You'll be here for at least a few more hours as we run tests and you regain your strength," the doctor delivered. "We also need you to tell us what happened." I went quiet. They can't force me to talk. "Please don't make this harder," the doctor pleaded.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"You were in and out of consciousness for a day," the doctor answered.

The doctor, once again, begged for me to open up, but in the end, I never did. They ran tests on my vision, my wrist, and had me fill out an emotional chart. They think I did this? I sighed as I filled out the worksheet. When it came time for me to leave, doctors asked where my parents were. I told them that my parents were waiting for me. Then then notified me that Ukai had just left for the first time since the accident. I checked myself out of the hospital and walked out of the building.

When I stepped outside, I was met with a downpour; the friendly drops tickled my face, welcoming me into the world. I looked up to stare into the gray clouds. I began my voyage home. I walked down a main road and across an intersection before I made it to any backroads. As I was walking, I noticed how quiet everything else was. Other than the droplets colliding with the ground, nothing could be heard. The rain masked every other sound. I shivered and hugged myself. I hate soggy clothes. I'm just glad I only needed a brace for my wrist, and not a whole cast. Makes this experience a lot less miserable.