Chapter Twenty-One

~•Y/n First Person POV•~

"Hey, Ukai?" I spoke.

"What's up, Kiddo?" he replied.

We were beginning our closing routine in the shop. He had just returned from practice. He looks so tired.

"I made something for the team again," I began.

"Go on," he urged me.

"It's nothing too big. I was just wondering if I could have your permission to publish it," I continued. "I made flyers advertising your matches at the semifinals. I was wondering if you'd be interested in letting me hand them out."

"You did all that?" he asked. "Of course. Yeah you can hand them out. You can even place one in the store window."

"Thank you so much! There's another thing, too. Do you remember that article that I made? For my club? They're deciding to publish it to the school. I'm hoping that brings more support for the team," I added. I placed one of the flyers in the window. I could see a shadow from where I was standing. He's so-

"Are you serious?" he gaped.

"I think it's important that you guys have support. I know you guys are going to make it to nationals. You have abilities to do so," I said. "I don't want you guys going alone."

He gave me a hug. "Thank you. Thank you so much."

"It wasn't a problem. I wanted to." I smiled.

"Wait until Takeda hears this," he joked. "The team is also going to be thrilled."

"Yeah." I continued to smile. A lot. Maybe too much.

He looked at me. "What is it?"

"N-Nothing," I lied.

"Y/n, is there something else you want to tell me?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Promise me you won't freak out." I held out my pinky. "Pinky promise."

"I won't freak out. There is nothing you could tell me that would cause me to freak out." He interlocked our pinkies. I raised my eyebrows to remind him to say his line. "The pinkiest."

I stepped back and took a deep breath. You can do it. You can tell him. In one swift moment, I said, "Tobio and I started dating two weeks ago!"

"WHAT?" he exclaimed.

"You said you wouldn't freak out!" I reminded him.

"I'm not freaking out!" he shouted. "Wait. Is that why he's been avoiding me?"

"Maybe?" I shrugged. "Can you blame him? You're not exactly one to handle situations like these well."

"I am handling this so well!" he shot back. "Look, I'm not screaming anymore!"

"Yeah. Instead, you're talking really loudly."

"I can't help it. It's just . . . No dating, you know?"

"Ukai, you've known that he and I have been friends for years."

"Yeah, but it's not like I ever liked that. There's nothing wrong with him, I would just prefer if you didn't date anyone."

"Ukai."

"Fine," he sighed. "If you were going to date anyone, I guess I'm glad that it's someone that you've known for a long time. Since I already know Kageyama, I trust him to the best of my ability."

"Thank you!" I hugged him again.

"Of course." He hugged me back. "He's just going to have to hear part of my lecture."