Chapter Nineteen

~•Y/n First Person POV•~

The first thing I saw that next morning was Kageyama's face. He was still asleep, which made me smile. I placed my hand on his face and ran my thumb across his cheek. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. My heart started to beat faster than usual. I think . . . I think everyone was right. I should talk to someone, but who? Mina would freak out too much and I'm not very close with many others. Yachi and Kiyoko? Maybe.

I got out of bed to begin making breakfast. It wasn't anything big, just eggs, bacon, and toast. As I was flipping the eggs, a weight was felt on my shoulder. Kageyama had come over and rested his chin on my shoulder. He wrapped his arms around my waist. He then groaned, notifying me he wanted food.

"It's not done yet." I nudged him. He yawned in my ear. "Your breath is warm."

"Mmm? Last night, you didn't seem to mind when-"

"Okay, that's enough." I pushed his head off of my shoulder. "You don't need to finish that sentence."

"I was just being honest." He shrugged, as he grabbed plates and utensils. I dished out the food when he was done placing everything down. We said thank you for the meal and began to dig in. "The qualifiers are tomorrow," Kageyama said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. And I wanted to know if you wanted to come watch," he offered.

"Y-You actually want me there?" I gaped.

"Why are you acting like that?" he asked, as he swallowed more food. "It's not like you haven't come to one of my games before."

"Yeah, but I haven't gone to one in a while!" I explained. "This is also the first time you're asking me to come!"

"You going or what?"

"Obviously, I'm going."

He grinned. "Cool. You'll get to see my new trick."

"Is it the trick you were telling me about on the phone?" I asked.

"Yeah." He nodded.

"I'm proud of you."

"Huh?"

"I am. Not just for the volleyball stuff, but for making up with Hinata."

"It was nothing." He scratched the back of his neck.

"No, it wasn't nothing," I disagreed. "You did good."

"Thank . . . You."

"You're welcome."

~••~

When I got to the balcony to watch the Karasuno versus Ohgiminami match, I was surprised to see someone beside Yachi.

"Ukai!" I ran to him. "I haven't seen you in so long!"

"Hi, darling." He hugged me. "How've you been?"

"I've been good. What about you?" I answered.

"I've been good, too. These kids have been stressing me out," he laughed.

Two kids from his camp ran up to me. "Hi!" they greeted.

"Hi," I said back.

The game started and they began with a steady start. As the game went on, they kept gaining points; the other team couldn't seem to catch up. When the game ended, I ran down to meet up with the team. They had a short break before their next match against Kadokawa.