Chapter Twelve

~•Y/n First Person POV•~

"Okay, do you have everything you need?" I asked Kageyama.

"Yes, Y/n," Kageyama sighed.

I'm currently on the phone with Kageyama, making sure he has everything he could possibly need for his camp tomorrow. "Your practice clothes?" I checked.

"Yes," he confirmed.

"Both shirt and shorts?"

"Yes."

"Your knee pads?"

"Yes."

"Your shoes."

"Yes." He paused. "Wait." I'm assuming he checked his bag. "Yes, they're there."

"Okay. What about socks? Causal clothes other than your practice clothes? Things to sleep in? An-"

"Y/n, I have everything."

"Extra shirts? What if you spill something on yourself? You're kind of clumsy."

"Got them. I got everything."

"Are you sure? I just want to make sure you're not forgetting anything."

"I'm not. Now would you just relax?"

I took a deep breath, "I'm sorry. I'm just remembering the last time you went away to volleyball camp. You know, when you forgot your jersey and your mom had to bring it to you. Then just a few weeks ago you left your shoes at my house. Also-"

"Okay! I get it! I haven't had the best of times remembering all my stuff, but this time, I have it all. For sure," he reassured me.

"I could always just run over real quick to make sure," I offered.

"No. That would be a waste of time," he shut me down, "and I need to sleep soon."

"You're right. You're old enough to pack on your own."

"Yeah."

"But you're still immature enough to forget things," I added. "Important things."

"Just trust me," he said.

"I do." I paused. "Kind of."

"Listen, it's fi-" He just stopped talking.

"Tobio?" I asked.

"Miwa just ran into my room," he stated.

"Can I talk to N/n?" I heard Miwa say.

"Miwa, I really need to sleep so-"

"Hi, Miwa!" I shouted loudly through the phone.

"Hi, N/n!" she shouted.

"Stop screaming in my ear, you two!" Tobio shouted.

"Then hand the phone over," I sassed.