Chapter Twenty-Four

~•Y/n First Person POV•~

Kageyama and I both finally had a free day today. It's been a week since there was time for both of our times off to sync up.

We've been dating for two months and we've been going steady. It's been really nice. His family was so happy when we finally told them about us. Miwa even drew me another picture! She's so cute. I told Mina, which I was nervous for, but, she reassured me that she was happy for us. I believed her because after I told her, she started going on about some other guy she's interested in now. Her big thing now is double dates. The team knew before Ukai did. The third years all knew first. I told Yachi because I knew Kiyoko was going to talk about it. I think Kageyama even told Hinata, which I thought was pretty sweet.

I also told Noya and Tanaka because the three of us have gotten really close. Ever since that night when we broke into the office building, the three of us have gotten to know each other a lot better. Even though they've added me into their shenanigans, I know I could never come in between their friendship; and I wouldn't want to. They don't treat me like they do Kiyoko. They make jokes every so often, but for the most part, I'm like one of them. That's how I want it to be. They're really fun people to be around. Now, they're some of my closest friends.

Kageyama and I were currently walking to the park. The same park where we first met. The same park where he asked me to be his girlfriend. It was nice just being in one another's company. It was a good night until he brought it up.

"I know that this we should be relaxing right now, but I can't get something off my mind," he spoke.

"What's on your mind?" I inquired.

"I started thinking about how I'm going to that training camp soon," he started.

"Which I'm so proud of you for," I jumped in.

"I know you are," he replied, "but thinking about the camp, I started thinking about my last match with Shiratorizawa. And then the match before that with Aoba Johsai. And then I remembered that you said something happened between you and Oikawa. What happened?" Oh. Shit.

I sighed. "I went to a party on my birthday. It was stupid. Bunch of loud, drunk teenagers. We were all just sitting down in the living room when someone suggested we play a game."

"What game?" he questioned.

"Spin the bottle," I muttered.

"Wait," he stopped me. "You kissed Oikawa?"

"Yes?"

"He kissed you on your birthday?"

"It's not like that! I was drunk!" I reasoned.

"So he took advantage of you?" he asked.

"No!"

"So you came onto him?"

"No! Listen! We were all drunk and it was just a stupid game. I was only going to kiss him on the cheek, but he turned his head," I explained.

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?"

"That was the goal," I admitted. He sighed. "It meant nothing to me."

"Then why didn't you tell me?"

"Because it meant nothing. At all. I didn't want to make you jealous over something that was unimportant."

"But when I asked you about it, you lied. Again. You keep lying to me."

"Things are complicated."

"Then explain them to me. Help me understand," he was starting to get worked up.