Chapter Twenty-Six

~•Y/n First Person POV•~

Tomorrow. Tomorrow is the day I have to mail him the files. I really don't want to. I don't want to have to think about him more than I do. I don't want to touch anything that belongs to him. I don't even want to go in that room.

I was hoping that Kageyama would know about my family by now. I was hoping that I would be able to talk to him about this whole situation. That he could comfort me. Unfortunately, we are far from that reality. We haven't spoken since that day he asked me about Hinata. He even left for camp three days ago without saying a word to me. He's currently on day four of five.

I hope he's okay. Did he get there okay? Did he get lost at all? Did he remember to pack everything? His shoes? Extra shirts? I want this to be over. I think when he comes back, I'll talk to him. We can figure this out together. I really shouldn't have let this drag out for so long.

I pulled out my notebook from my desk drawer. I opened my laptop and wrote down the address I need to mail these files to. I'll get stamps and stuff tomorrow. I went to sleep, thinking about what could be so important to him. Why didn't he grab them years ago? Why does he need them now? What are they? Are they important? Is it something I should know about? Should I look? No. I can't. It's better this way.

It's probably better that I don't know.

I woke up the next morning and got ready for my day. When I finished my typical morning routine, I started to get these files together. I walked into my kitchen and grabbed the key to the room. When I turned the key that was now in the doorknob, it did nothing. I opened the door with ease. The door was already unlocked? I didn't leave it like that. I know for a fact that I locked it after grabbing Kageyama a towel a few months back.

When I walked inside, I sneezed. I should probably dust in here. I began looking around for things that were out of place. My eyes grazed the dresser and I noticed that there was a patch. It was faint because dust was covering it, but it looked as though someone ran their fingers along the piece of furniture. I looked over the room.

The only people that have been in my house recently was the team. My eyes widened. They know. Someone on the team knows. It's definitely not Kageyama because he would have said something. Who did it wasn't important to me; it was the how and when that were.

I started scrambling through the room. I ran to the left bedside drawer and that's when I realized it. The files. The files are gone. No. They can't be.

I started panicking. Without checking anything else, I ran out of the room and out of the house. I ran, even faster than I did when I was running to get papers to Ukai in Tokyo, to the gym. This is the most important thing right now. If I don't get him these files, I'm screwed. He'll come. He'll-

I bursted through the gym doors. "Which one of you did it?" I accused. "Which one of you guys broke into the room?"

They all froze. Each and every one of them. Too big of an entrance, now I can't tell who looks guilty because they all do. "Calm down," Daichi said. "Just take a minute. Then, explain what happened."

"No, I'm not gonna calm down. That room is locked for a reason." I pushed past Daichi to look at Ukai. "I haven't been in the room since you know what."

"We're in the middle of pract-"

"I'm sorry but this is a little bit more important than volleyball practice," I cut Asahi off.

"What happened?" Ukai walked over.

"Someone broke into the room," I answered.

"What room?" he asked.