Chapter One

~•Y/n First Person POV•~

I should have stayed home today, I thought.

Currently staring out the window to my right, I had stopped paying attention to what the teacher was talking about ages ago. Is he still talking? "And there will be a test when you come back on Monday," the teacher spoke. I should not have tuned back into the lecture.

The teacher went on about the test until the bell rang. At least it was the last period of the day, so I could just go home and relax. I packed up my things and left once my cleaning duties were over. I decided to stop by the vending machine before making my way home. On the walk there, one of my friends caught up with me. "L/n, wait up!" I heard from behind.

I turned around and replied, "Mina, please don't shout. I think you forget how loud you are sometimes. It's also embarrassing to have your name shouted obnoxiously in the halls."

"Oh wow, I'm hurt. Long day at school, I assume?" Mina joked.

"What makes you say that?" I cocked an eyebrow.

"Because you forget that I'm no where near as obnoxious as you are."

I just rolled my eyes and laughed in response. "Are you headed home right now? We could walk together after we get to the vending machines," I changed the topic.

"As much as I would love to, I can't. I have volleyball practice," Mina replied.

"I never get to see you anymore," I complained. "Your volleyball friends are always stealing you from me! And ever since Yachi became the boys volleyball manager, I haven't seen her either!"

"There you go being obnoxious again," Mina teased.

"Whatever." We arrived at the vending machines by this point. I reached in my pocket and got myself a (favorite drink) and Mina a water. "For practice," I smiled.

"Aw, Y/n!" Mina threw her arms around my neck. After squeezing the life out of me, Mina went on to harshly ruffle the top of my head.

"Ow! Mina, stop!" I protested.

Mina went on to pinching my cheeks. "I can't, Y/n! You're just too cute!"

"Don't call me cute!"

"Yeah, don't lie to them," a third voice said.

We stopped what we were doing to look at the new speaker. "K-Kageyama!" Mina stuttered. Disgusting, I thought. Why is she nervous around him of all people?

"L/n, you've been hogging the vending machine for a while now. You should learn to share," Tobio went on.

"Now why would I do that, Tobio? I mean, you can't go to some other vending machine?" I shot back.

"Stop calling me Tobio," he scowled.

"I'll think about it."

"Y/n, maybe you should-" Mina started.

"Don't worry, Mina. Tobio isn't someone to take too seriously," I joked.

"But he doesn't seem like a person to upset either," she reasoned.

"I am right here," Kageyama reminded us. "Can you step aside now?"

We made space for Kageyama. "Like I said, you could've gone to another vending machine," I scoffed.

"This one is closest to the gym. Maybe you should have gone to a different one," he suggested.

"No. This one is on the way to my house."