04 | And So They Reconciled

Dedicated to a fellow fic writer that I became friends with on Quizilla a long time ago, Nanally. She's one of the most talented writers in the anime fic world; go glomp her and shower her with love OK she's one of the most precious cinnamon buns eVER. Check out her amazing Death Note fics 

Chapter 04 — 

And So They Reconciled

The twins' argument had gone on for so long the following afternoon and had gotten so heated that a huge pile of items were sitting in the middle of the room; they spent all of that time trying to throw anything within reach at each other.

Even poor Hani was thrown up into the pile, but he sat on top without a care in the world, happily clutching Usa-chan closely to him despite his predicament.

However, the rest of us were annoyed by it greatly.

"This is starting to drive me crazy, you two," Tamaki sighed in exhaustion at the continuously bickering pair. "Really, would it be such a pain to call it quits already?"

"You're the one who's going crazy, Tamaki-senpai?!" Hikaru shouted. "Take my feelings into consideration, will you? Every time I look in the mirror, I see his face!" he continued loudly in a flurry of death glares to his twin. "I'm sick and tired of being mistaken for him! The truth is, Kaoru, I hate your guts!"

"You took the words right out of my mouth," Kaoru began with a clenched jaw as he pulled a small wooden cat from his pocket. Everyone's eyes widened.

A haughtier expression overtook the blue-haired twin's face as he pulled out a black marker with his other hand. "And to prove it, I'll even write your name on the back of Bellzenef the curse doll! You have no idea how much misfortune you have headed in your direction—"

"Shut up!" Haruhi shouted, running up to pound her fists into both of their heads. "That's enough out of you two; it's fine to have an argument, but don't bring other people into your mess!"

She snatched the doll from Kaoru and tossed it to me, clearly already tired of looking at such a stupid object. I narrowed my eyes at the both of them irritably. "Haruhi's right; stop being so childish," I sighed. "You guys are arguing over something so insignificant that it's not even funny."

They only stared blankly at the two of us, which made me even more agitated. Our words seemed to have flown over their heads. "Fine, then!" I huffed. "If you don't make up and say sorry to each other this instant, you can forget about me and Haruhi letting you into either of our houses!"

Silence ensued for a few long seconds before the twins' wide-eyed expressions began to lessen. The two looked back and forth between me and Haruhi, and after we stared right back at them with stern expressions, identical grins slowly began to creep up onto their faces. 

"Uh," I muttered as my thoughts changed to ones of confusion. What did they have up their sleeves this time?

Hikaru and Kaoru stood up right in front of us, and their smug expressions didn't change in the slightest. They began their question in unison. "So what you're saying is—"

"—if we make up,—"

"—you will allow us to come to your houses?" Kaoru finished.

After Haruhi and I turned to look at each other with distorted expressions on our faces, I slowly turned the doll on its back, and Haruhi's eyes began to widen in both anger and shock. "What," she huffed.