24 | Objection

Y'all, I know that you somehow came up with the ship name Kyoshi (which I love) but thIS HOMEGIRL made me scream so hard when she coined their first ever ship name, Kyouroshi. SJRegina84 u the bomb. I hope you're doin well.

— Chapter 24 

Objection

Kyouya wasn't lying when he said that wealthy people don't take a liking to wasting valuable amounts of money. The Shouji family decided that things would work out in their favor if Tamaki decided to be the pianist at the reception, so he agreed to it and began to practice immediately since he only had a few days before the wedding took place at that point.

Final preparations were being made, and I assumed that the dress I designed for Nanako had already been finished. Well, I hoped so, at least. At the time, I regretted not thinking ahead and making preparations earlier, but as long as the dress was finished, that was all I was concerned about.

It was now seven o'clock in the morning. Everyone was already downstairs, getting ready for the big day. I needed to drag myself out of bed and head over to the dressing room Nanako had assigned to me as well. The Shouji Manor was so huge that I had some trouble with finding my way, but luckily, one of the maids rushing by was kind enough to point me in the direction I needed to go. After bowing slightly and thanking her, I rushed over to the door. Before I could pull it open, though, the stylist assigned to me had done it before I could and pulled me in swiftly.

"Cómo está usted, Señorita Katou?" she asked in a very calm and polite manner.

I told her I was doing well, and she smiled in return just before getting me settled. Although the Ootori family's stylists were very friendly themselves, the ones from Nanako's family came off as less blunt and more delicate. She gently brushed just the right amount of makeup over my face.

Fortunately, the amount of eyeliner she applied wasn't too heavy, either. Everything concerning cosmetics didn't take much time, and neither did the styling done to my hair. By the time she was finished, I was allowed to take a look in the mirror. I was relieved that I didn't look too different from myself this time around.

Nanako must have been one to like softer colors. A few days ago, when asking her for her preferences so I could design the bridesmaid dresses accordingly, she gave me the details about how every bride in her family preferred bright shades of red for nearly everything that had to do with their wedding day. She claimed that she didn't mind being a break in the chain, and that her family needed one, anyways. "If I'm going to be forced into walking down the aisle, then I should be allowed to do it my way, right? Hm, I think so, anyways," she told me. This explained why the dresses were a very light and nearly unrecognizable shade of pink, which matched the color of the subtle floral accessory the stylist had placed in my hair. Technically, this could be considered another shade of red.

The door to the room was left just slightly ajar when the stylist made her way out, and the commotion throughout the manor had slowed down a bit. The only reason for this was probably the fact that everyone was making last minute adjustments to the decorations. Unlike Fuyumi's wedding, Nanako didn't have any time to come and visit any of the bridesmaids, so there wasn't a trace of her at that point in time. Only Kyouya and the hosts were out in the living room. Although they had only a few more minutes to get themselves prepared, they seemed to be spending it on a more serious conversation. I peeked out of the small gap between the door and the edge of the wall to find a seemingly monotone Kyouya and several of the others looking at him with what appeared to be expressions of both concern and slight anger.