02 | A Wild Fangirl Appears

Dedicated to my irl friend Gabby, because without her, I wouldn't have even heard of this site. Thank you so much for introducing me to the lovely world of Wattpad. ♡

— Chapter 02 —A Wild Fangirl Appears

Chapter 02 —
A Wild Fangirl Appears

The hallways of Ouran Academy were enormous compared to the high school I would have attended if I hadn't been admitted. All of it sometimes felt like one huge maze that I'd never find my way through.

In the midst of wandering around, I happened to stumble upon music room three, where a group of guys held meetings for their club. They claimed to be the prestigious Ouran host club, but I had yet to find out what all of the hype was about. Who would've thought of such an idea?

I needed to return to the music room, however; on the previous day, I'd somehow managed to allow my clothing sketches fly out of my arms. They wanted to use my designs for a single event, and I figured I'd grant them permission. It was only one day, after all, and Haruhi happened to be in the club.

Mildly befuddled, I tried to remember how exactly I'd made my way to the club room.

"Sexual harassment?!" a familiar voice yelped. It didn't take long to realize it was Tamaki's. "What those shady twins were doing to you should be considered sexual harassment!"

This may have been a blessing in disguise, however; his vehemently theatrical voice helped to lead me straight to music room three.

"All of you!" another shouted. Taken aback, I'd come to the conclusion that this voice belonged to an energetic woman. "Every single one of you, with the exception of Kyouya, has a lukewarm personality! It's about time that all of you are given a different aura."

I peeked in, wondering what on earth was going on in that room. My stealth didn't last very long, however. There stood a female student with long, light brown hair, pointing her finger at the cluster of confused hosts.

Kyouya peered over the girl's shoulder. After staring at me for a little while, he motioned for me to come in.

I slowly crept into the room, catching sight of the colorful yukata I'd designed. I gazed in awe; it was astounding. My designs had really come to life.

The energetic woman turned slowly towards me, and her eyebrows became knitted together in suspicion. "Who is she?" she queried as I gingerly stepped forward.

"I'm, uh..." I began, struggling to speak further at the sight of her narrowed eyes.

"She's designer of the yukata we're dressed in," Kyouya explained. "Her name is Hiroshi Katou."

The girl eyed me from head to toe several more times, and she stared at Kyouya to observe his expression. Her eyes snapped towards me once again, and this time, she had a smile on her face. "Well, it seems that my darling Kyouya seems to be okay with you!" she began, shooting me an expression that signified approval. "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Renge Houshakuji, a new student; I moved in from France just a few days ago. And I'm the new host club manager! Pleased to meet you."