22 | An Encounter in Spain

ipie, you're so awesome for creating the OHSHCWattyAwards. It's brought so many people of the Ouran Wattpad community together and it's amazing that you took the initiative to make such a wonderful account. Thank you for being the one to start it all. 

— Chapter 22 

An Encounter in Spain

There was no possible way for me to take Yuzuha Hitachiin's offer for the full internship this year; I would be far too busy this summer. She did say that I was free to do it anytime else that I was able to, though, so I was good for this time around. What would my hands be full with, you might ask? Well, besides taking care of Mom and doing chores at home, I had two other places I needed to be over the course of two months. For the last one-third of vacation, I'd be in Kuruizawa with Haruhi. Before that, though, I'd be traveling to Spain for two weeks. I know, I know. One might wonder why I'd be taking a two-week trip to Spain if I couldn't even afford half of the ticket. Kyouya offered to pay for Haruhi and I for the host club's trip there, but we did chip in a little so that we wouldn't have as much guilt hanging over us for fourteen days. However, we weren't really going to Spain as the host club. It was mainly Kyouya's trip, which he was taking with his father, and we were merely friends who were tagging along.

You see, Kyouya's father stopped by that one day when the newspaper club had decided not to do their article on us after all. While all of us were quite shocked to find out that Kyouya was to be married to a woman named Nanako Shouji in two weeks, Kyouya wanted us to at least come with him. Some strange feeling took over me, though. I wondered if she was pretty, and I didn't take a liking to the thought of Kyouya spending the rest of his life with her. I kept wondering why Kyouya didn't protest, either. I didn't know why I felt this way; I couldn't put my finger on it. Although I really was excited to travel to Spain and thankful that Kyouya had paid for Haruhi and I to go, I couldn't help the sinking feeling in my stomach that was occurring when I thought about meeting his soon-to-be fiancée.

Haruhi and I carefully put out luggage into the storage compartment of one of the Ootori family's private jets, unlike the other hosts. They tossed their bags into the opening with no hesitation, telling us that we could have just done the same. The two of us put packing lightly into consideration when deciding what to bring for the trip; the jet might have come crashing down if we added any more to the weight of the hosts' luggage. And just like that, we were up in the air, on our way to Barcelona.

"Hey Kyouya-senpai, who exactly is this Nanako girl?" Hikaru asked.

All of us were glad to be flying on a separate jet from Kyouya's father. We found it much easier to breathe, and we were able to ask questions about his family's "dealings" more openly than if we had been monitored by such a rigid man.

"She's the Shouji family's only daughter," Kyouya replied casually. "The Shouji General is one of Spain's leading oil companies, and so he believes it'll be beneficial to our company if I marry her."

"Do you agree, Senpai?" I asked, immediately questioning why I'd said such a thing out loud.

But Kyouya seemed to take my question in more of a business-like manner, which I was grateful for. "A lot of couples our age who have marriage meetings don't make it to the altar, so it's likely that it'll be that way with me and Nanako as well."