Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Abigail's POV

"Hey, my name's Cody," the guy with the dark hair said. He extended a hand out to me, and I eagerly shook it.

"Nice to meet you Cody," I replied, "I'm Abigail. This is Jenna." I turned to point to Jenna, who was already deep in conversation with the other new student. I raised my eyebrows and let out a low chuckle.

"They seem to be getting a long quite well," Cody commented, smiling. I nodded, and smiled back.

"Jenna's like that; always up for a talk. Especially with attractive guys." Cody laughed, and put his hands into his pockets.

"Seeing as them two are all over each other," he said, taking a quick glance at them, and rolling his eyes, "wanna show me around the school? I'm kinda curious to know what it's like; the school I was at before was waaay smaller!" I laughed, and nodded.

"Sure, follow me." I gestured him to follow me as we made our way out of the waiting room, through the office and into the school's main hallway.

"I think you already know that that's the secretary office?" I said, stating the obvious. Cody nodded, and smiled.

"What do you take me for; course I know!" He grinned, as he saw my facial expression change from smiley to surprised. "Kidding." He smiled again, and nudged me with his shoulder. I smiled.

"I think I realised that," I replied, picking up my speed. "Come on. This school's big, and if you wanna see everything, we've gotta hurry before the next class starts. We can skip mentor period because that's just a class where we ask questions about upcoming events and stuff." Cody nodded.

~*~

"Where's this?" Cody asked, as we excited a hallway, and entered another one. I laughed, and walked up to the door.

"This is the gym," I replied, peering through the round window. "This is where we have P.E. and assemblies and stuff."

"Oh awesome!" I moved aside so Cody could take a look. "It's pretty massive." I chuckled.

"You think so? Wait till you see the outside sports area!" Cody laughed, and continued walking.

"Where to next?" He asked. I shrugged, and walked quickly to catch up.

"Where do you want to go?"

"I dunno; you're the one showing me around. Some place I might need to know?" I nodded, and thought for a moment.

"Let's go back this way," I said, leading the way down the hall. "There's one main place you need to know. Well, two actually. One of them is the Study Hall." I quickly ran up to the two large doors that closed the entrance to the hall.

"So this is where you study?" Cody whispered, as we walking into the Study Hall, and down the isle to the counter. I nodded.

"Yepp."

"Isn't it a little too .. comfy?" I let out a low chuckle.

"Not much; with the librarians glaring non-stop at you, I'm sure you'll be working your butt off." Cody nodded, and followed me to the counter, where Mrs. Brown, the head librarian, was sticking stickers onto some new books.

"Hello there Abigail," she said cheerily, putting aside some books. I smiled.

"Morning Miss. We've got three new students here," I said, pointing to Cody. "He's one of them. We've come to get his school pass." Mrs. Brown nodded, and checked through a box, which happened to be filled with student cards.