Chapter 27

Hey Readers !

Just a quick message: I apologize for posting late. I've been really busy with school work that I've never had the chance to update the story. :[ Anyway, it's the holidays now, so I'll see if I can add about 3-4 chapters. :D

Anyway, I hope you like this chapter .. well, maybe not since what's about to happen will probably make you hate me. Get ready for a mini-heart attack .. :D

Nemii.

[P.S. I didn't proof read, so sorry if it's all mumbly-jumbly]. (:

Chapter 27

Abigail's POV

"Max, w-what are you doing here?" I whispered, as I grabbed hold of Yale's hand. He scooted closer to me, and held my hand tightly. Max snickered.

"Just thought I'd come and surprise you all," he announced, taking a couple steps forward. Amberly who was standing a few inches away from him, backed away against the wall near the sofa I was seated on. Max turned around and looked at her, and shot her a smirk.

"Long time no see, huh?" he commented, walking towards her. Although I was far from where she was, I could see that her breathing rate was increasing by the second as Max slowly approached her. 

"Leave me alone," Amberly hissed, moving away from him. This only made him chuckle as he brought a hand up to her cheek to stroke it. That only made her angrier.

"I said leave me alone. Don't fucking touch me." She slapped his hand away as hard as she could, before walking towards me and sitting down on the sofa. Max lifted his arms up in the air in surrender mode.

"Wow, I was just trying to be nice. Where's the love?" Amberly raised her eyebrows.

"Love?" she repeated, glaring at him. "All those months I was together with you, you never showed any. What makes you think I'm going to show some now?" Max shrugged, and walked closer to us.

"Just because," he replied simply. I raised my eyebrows and stared at him. 

"Max, get the hell out of here," I said, standing up. Yale gave me the please-don't-do-this face, but I shook my head and stood my ground. No way was Max going to do anymore shit than he already had. Not only is my life messed up, but so is many others'.

"I've had enough of you and your stupid ways; I hate how you've ruined all our lives and think it's all okay. I hate how you and George blame Yale for something he didn't do. I hate how you've hurt Jenna and her sister and think that they'll easily get over it. I fucking hate you."

I was breathing heavily when I finished ranting, and all I got was a nasty grin from Max. He stepped forward and yanked me towards him, positioning me in front of him. My heart was beating faster by the second, as Max looked at me with bright shining eyes full of amusement.

"Are you sure you want to blame and hate me for everything?" he questioned, a grin playing at his lips. I looked at him with a confused face, then nodded.

"Why not? You started everything. If you hadn't gotten into the picture, none of this would have happened." Max shook his head and chuckled.

"I love it how you're so clueless and naive," he said. I growled at him, and clenched my fists.

"I am not clueless and naive," I hissed back, my blood boiling from anger. Max chuckled some more, and stepped an inch closer to me. I turned to look at everyone as they looked at me with worried expressions. Tyler's face was pale as he looked at me with worry, as Jenna held onto him, as if her life depended on doing that. Amberly was shaking, her eyes darting from side to side. It was just Yale that didn't look at me. His elbow was resting on the arm of the sofa, with his head in his hand. My heart skipped three million beats.

"You are," Max stated, his hands in his pockets. "If you aren't naive as you say so, then you would've realised that it's your boyfriend who started all this." My eyes widened in shock. I turned to look at Yale who looked at me worriedly and shook his head ever so slightly at Max.

"Please Max, don't do this. It's complicated enough as it is," he whispered, rubbing his temples. 

"Are you kidding?" Max replied, chuckling. "You can't hide this forever from your girlfriend, can you?" I looked at Max, my eyes widening even more. I then turned to look at Yale again.

"Hide what from me?" I whispered, my hands unclenching and slowly beginning to shake. I had a feeling that whatever Max was going to say was going to be bad. And lucky for me, it was.

"Yale is in fact, not adopted," Max said, matter-of-factly. I wanted to open my mouth to say something, but they kept shut, as if my lips were glued together. "Yale's my younger brother. Our parents died when I was halfway through high-school, so we went to live with our uncle, my dad's brother, who you know as Yale's 'foster-dad'. I gulped and glanced at Yale who shot my a guilty look. I sighed, and turned away.

"After high-school, I decided to leave and live in my own apartment so I could go to college and everything. Yale didn't like what was happening, as he hates our uncle and didn't want to be related to him. So he wanted to hide everything and pretend to be adopted. I didn't like the idea of him pretending that we weren't related, so we made a deal; if he found a way for Tyler and Jenna to break up so I could have Jenna for myself, no matter what it costed him, he could hide his family identity." Max sighed heavily, and looked at Yale. He took a deep breath before continuing.

"There's so much more to why this happened. But I'm not going to tell you everything; just what you need to know. It was Yale's idea that I rape Jenna. Why? Because he was jealous of Tyler and didn't think he deserved her. And I agreed. After Tyler and Yale's friendship ended, Yale wanted some sort of revenge after him and Tyler stopped being friends. I agreed and we made up this entire plan; to Tyler's life. When Yale told me he met you Abigail, and how you were best friends with Jenna, we thought up the idea for you and Yale to get closer so that I could get at Jenna. And I see it's worked."

I suddenly felt weak, like my legs were no longer able to support the weight of my body. Yale was really the bad person? How could this be?

"Yale .. is .. is this true?" I whispered, my body shaking furiously. He nodded slowly, a sad expression on his face.

"Yes, it's true. I don't really love you; it was all just a game to get what we wanted. Me to get Tyler for being a shit friend and taking Jenna when he knew I liked her, and Max to get Jenna. At first he thought using Amberly would get him closer to Jenna, but it didn't. So we used you when I met you. I'm sorry." He got up, and suddenly the sad, regretful, guilty expression that was on his face changed into a smirk. He walked over to me, putting his hand on my cheek and brushed it gently, before bending down so his face was at the level of mine.

"Anyway, I enjoyed being your girlfriend. It was a lot of fun." He chuckled, and kissed me before walking over to Max.

"I hope you guys have a nice life," he said, smirking. "It was fun getting to know you. And don't think we're done knowing you .. there's still a lot more to find out.." And with that both him and Max left the room, and out of the apartment.

My heart continued beating faster, as I watched them leave. I really couldn't believe this just happened. And if things couldn't get any worse, I get this? I sighed, and looked up at everyone else who looked at me sadly.

The only thing I could think of doing then and there, was fall on my knees and cry.