Chapter 9

- Chapter 9 -

The following day at school started off alright.

Tyler dropped me off, and wouldn't stop asking me so many questions. And saying things that really pissed me off.

"Ha, that Yale kid hasn't been in school for ages," he said, chuckling not so happily. More in a "thank goodness" sort of way.

I huffed.

"Could you please stop talking about Yale like that!" I freaked.

Tyler glared at me.

"What is it with you and him? It's like your protecting him from anyone who says anything bad to him."

"And I have a right to!" I said back, getting even more annoyed.

Tyler frowned at me.

"You haven't seen the guy in like, days! Why do you care so much?"

I gave him a death glare.

"None of your darn business," I hissed, and turned away from him.

Tyler sighed, and continued driving.

"Wait! Stop here!" I yelled, and Tyler came to a stop.

"What is it now?" he asked.

"I'm getting out here," I replied.

"And your reason is?"

"I'll see you tonight!" I replied again, and slammed the door shut.

We just passed Jenna's place, and I'd rather walk with her than listen to Tyler's bullshit.

"Hey Abby!" Jenna called out when she saw me. She had just coming out of her door.

"Heya Jen!"

She walked over to me, and gave me a bear hug.

"You usually never come this way .. what's up?" Jenna questioned.

"Well, Tyler was being a freak. So I made him stop so I could get out of the car. I thought it'd be okay to walk with you since we just passed your place."

Jenna laughed.

"Sounds alright to me!"

We continued our way to school, talking about school and homework. But in my mind I was thinking about Yale.

*

As soon as school was over, I packed up my bags, taking a long the books I needed for my homework tonight, then rushed off down the hall and out of the school building.

Tyler was outside in the parking lot, with a blond girl all over him.

"Want a lift?" he asked me, gesturing me to come towards them. I raised an eyebrow.

"With a girl like that, I'd rather take the fucking bus," I said airily, and made my way down the street.

I had been looking everywhere for Yale, wondering where he might be. I checked the library, the classrooms he's usually in, and even the music room. No sign. And I could only think of one place: the space we sat at when we had that talk.

I looked behind me to see if anyone was coming, and continued walking, picking up the pace as I neared the hideout.

I sighed in relief when I saw him sitting there, a book and pencil in his hands. He looked up when he saw me, and smiled. But in his smile there was also sadness and hurt. I didn't like it one bit.

"Yale?" I asked, dropping my stuff and taking a seat next to him. He smiled again.

"Hey Abby," he said, putting his stuff aside and giving me a hug. I could tell that he was really upset, but tried very well not to show it.