Chapter 16

- Chapter 16 - 

Third Person's POV

It seemed that whenever she tried to keep away from trouble, Jenna always seemed to have a surprise pop up right behind her. And right now, Max was definitely a surprise.

She looked up at him, as she tried to calm her nerves. It wasn't always that people came up behind her, especially if they wanted something. He looked at her with that horrid smirk of his, making her wanting to slap it right off his face.

"Yeah, and nice to see you too," Jenna replied sarcastically, trying to look as bored and as uninterested as she could. Didn't fool Max that much though. It made him want to do so much more than she had thought.

"I think you made a huge mistake by not telling Abigail what happened between us.." he said trailing off as he brought a hand to her face and caressed her cheek. "I realized that you two became good friends, and I had a feeling you might have told her. That would have totally ruined my plans for you guys."Jenna froze on the spot, not knowing exactly what to think. She had been wanting to tell her friend so much, but didn't want to make anything more complicated. But now she knew that not telling her was making the situation even worse.

"But then again, it was better you didn't because then I can ruin the relationship between Yale and Abigail. Yale doesn't deserve a girlfriend like her, and he pretty much ruined my uncle's life." Jenna frowned.

"How did he? Yale's not the kind of person who'd ruin other people's lives," she said. "He's pretty .. timid." Max laughed.

"Wouldn't you like to know," he chuckled. "You don't know the whole story, and I'm not going to stand here and tell you it all. I don't want you telling Abigail, since she'll tell Yale, and the fun would vanish, wouldn't it?"

Jenna sighed, knowing that whatever Max was planning was going to ruin a lot. Including Abigail's relationship with Yale.

"What do you want anyway?" she asked, crossing her arms over her chest. Max smirked and moved closer to her, so that she was practically leaning against the wall.

"What I want?" He said, smiling. He pushed up against Jenna, who looked at him with a bewildered expression on her face. "I want you to do me a little favour .." he whispered, and pressed his lips against hers.

Abigail's POV

It didn't take us long to get out of the house. I had to stand for a couple minutes to finish laughing.

"You're foster dad really needs to get better security if he wants to start kidnapping people!" I said, trying to hold in my laughs. Yale chuckled and beckoned me to hop onto his back as I could barely walk. He hoisted me up and walked out the gate, and onto the main street.

"Yeah, he does," Yale replied, as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I just find it a little weird that he's doing this. I mean, what have you done to deserve that?" I swallowed a huge lump that had again formed in my throat. I sighed, and asked Yale to put me down.

"I need to tell you something," I whispered, holding onto his hand. He looked at me with a bewildered expression, only to get me to hold his face with my hands.

"Let's go to our hide-out. It'd be better if I told you in private." He nodded, and we slowly made our way to the pond near our hide-out area. I carefully sat down near the big tree, moaning slightly at the pains that were throbbing in my legs.

"You alright?" Yale asked, as he sat down next to me. I nodded. "So what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?" I looked up at him, not knowing how he'd take it if I told him.

"Uhm .. today, when I got to the room where you found me in .. this guy came out of no-where and told me you didn't deserve me, and that he does." I took a deep breath before continuing. Yale was looking at me intently, as he took hold of my hand. "Before all this, I .. uhm .. looked up a couple pictures of you when you were friends with Tyler. And this guy that I saw today .. he looks a lot like you before you had your hair dyed." Yale looked at me oddly.

"And what are you trying to imply?" He asked. I sighed.

"I think that this guy .. is the one that raped Tyler's ex." Yale's eyes widened as he took in the information.

"How would you know that? It's not like anyone would've told you." I glared at him.

"Yale, I think it's pretty obvious now. Your foster dad hates you, and so does everyone else except the girls. Even this guy, who's name is Max hates you. And I think that both him and your foster dad might be the ones behind all this." I sighed heavily. "And if I'm not mistaken, your foster dad told me how much he thinks you don't deserve anything good in your life. I don't know why, but that's what he keeps saying. And from what I see, he wants that Max kid to have everything." Yale looked at me with sad eyes.

"Wow .. and I didn't even notice. I can't believe my 'step'-cousin would do that .." I nodded.

"I think they noticed how you liked .. Tyler's ex and wanted to pull some sort of prank thing on you so that you'd have a shit life. And since you and Max looked so much alike, they made Max rape Tyler's ex to frame you." I breathed a sigh of relaxation when I finished explaining my side of the story. The one thing that really confused me was why they wanted to give Yale hell..

"I know it's all very confusing, but you've got to help me find out the rest of the stuff that I don't know. I have a feeling that Max is up to something, and it doesn't feel good." Yale nodded and sighed.

"I'm sorry for not telling you anything. I didn't want you to look at me differently if I told you." I laughed.

"I'd never look at you differently .. ever!" He smiled and I leaned forward and kissed him. "Don't get mad at me when I ask you this." He nodded and kissed me back.

"What is it?"

"Who was Tyler's ex?" Yale slightly gulped, his hands shaking.

"I really can't tell you that," he whispered. "It'd be better if the person told you." I frowned.

"Why?" Yale sighed.

"Please babe, I think it's best that way. I don't want to cause anymore trouble." I looked at him.

"You're not causing any trouble." Yale chuckled and shook his head.

"You have no idea."