Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Abigail's POV

"I still can't believe you're going to be one of the supervisors," I said, as we arrived at the entrance of my school. Max shrugged and shot me a grin.

"Do you think I'm lying?" he asked, handing me my bag. I thought for a moment, before giving him a suspicious look. "Alright, I'll prove it to you." He took hold of my hand, and dragged me down the street and up to where he left his car.

"So your car's the proof?" I joked, dropping my bag onto the ground. Max turned to me and gave me an uninterested look.

"No, it's not the proof. It's what's inside it that is," he answered. He opened his car door, and bent down inside and grabbed a large envelope. "Your school sent me this, as well as to a couple others from college who want to go into architecture." I frowned.

"What for? It's not like we're gonna teach you or something." Max laughed, and shook his head.

"No, course you're not going to teach us. Since you kids are going to a historical sight, where there are a lot of ruins and stuff, they thought of asking us to tag along so we can taken pictures or whatever for our assignments." I nodded slowly, and made an 'ah' sound.

"You coming with us for the whole trip? Or.." Max nodded.

"Yepp, for the whole trip. It'll be jolly, won't it?" I shot Max a glare and nudged him with my shoulder.

"Just because you're coming, doesn't mean you've got me all to yourself. You're coming for your assignment, not for me." I smirked at him before heading off back in the direction of the school. Max laughed, and closed his car door.

"Aren't you going to say goodbye then?" He asked, running to catch up with me. I shrugged, and gave him a childish look.

"I'm not obliged to say goodbye to you," I said, making a pout face, and sticking my head up. Max chuckled, and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You are obliged to say goodbye to me," he whispered, pressing his forehead against mine. I smiled and put my hands on his face.

"True, but not every time," I replied softly. "There are somedays when all you want to say is 'hello'. Saying goodbye sounds.."

"Sad?" Max finished off for me. I shrugged and managed a small smile.

"Yepp. So next time we're about to go our seperate ways, say 'don't I get a see-you-later hug?' instead of 'goodbye'. Got it?" I laughed as Max rolled his eyes.

"Fine, it's a deal. See you later?" I nodded, and pressed my nose against his.

"Will I see you anytime this week?" I asked. Max shook his head and sighed.

"I'm completely packed this week, as I told you yesterday. That's why I got you a phone." He smiled.

"How did you know I didn't have a phone?" Max grinned, and held me tighter.

"Yale told me. When he tried to call you there was this woman saying some sort of error message thing."

"Oh," was all I replied. "Well, I'll see you on sunday, as that's when we're leaving, right?" Max nodded, and pressed his lips against mine.

"See you sunday, beautiful," he whispered, "I'll text or call you during my break, okay?" I nodded, and smiled.

"Sure. See you!" He gave me one last kiss before letting go, and walking to his car. I sighed, and quickly made my way into the school, where I went looking for Jenna.

"You're early today," I commented, as I saw Jenna heading for the Study Hall. She turned around and smiled.

"Alex drove me to school since he has a doctor's appointment this morning," she replied. I nodded slowly and smiled. Jenna smiled back, looking happier than I'd ever seen her.

"This guy must really mean something to you," I said, grinning. She nodded really fast, and put her hands on her face.

"He does. I've never felt such an overwhelming feeling like this for any guy before," she replied, all smiles.

"Not even when you were with me?" we heard someone say. I turned around it see Tyler standing there with a smirk on his face. Me and Jenna looked at each other, and slapped him on the arm at the same time.

"Tyler!" I said, glaring at him. He laughed, and stuck his hands up in the air.

"I was just kidding. I was a bad boyfriend." He smiled at Jenna. "I'm happy you've found the right one for you." Jenna grinned, and walked over to Tyler and hugged him.

"Thanks Ty. You'll find yours soon," Jenna replied. Tyler nodded, and shrugged.

"Hopefully," he answered. At the same moment, a girl with bright red hair, pale skin and the most perfect figure I'd ever seen came in our direction. She shot me a smile and tried to keep all her books in a pile in her arms.

"Do you by any chance know where the Study Hall is?" she asked, quietly. "I'm new here, and I'm completely lost." I smiled back, and nodded.

"We're just on our way there," I replied, "Come with us." Jenna helped her with her books and I smiled at Tyler, who was standing there with a stunned look on his face.

"She's gorgeous," he breathed, just enough for me to hear. I giggled and patted his shoulder.

"Take it easy Ty," I whispered, "I don't think she's the kind of girl you can go fast on." Tyler glared at me, which only made me laugh. "Just kidding," I said, my hands up in surrender mode.

"Yeah, right," Tyler said.