44. Arvory Manor

SÓLMÁNUÐUR DAY OF MOON

The urgency in everyone's eyes was evident after our downright failure to retrieve the treasure in Linosas. Reichen was reproached severely by the older members since our scout had confirmed that the jewel eyes were indeed part of the Lost Treasure. This resulted in both organizations having five Lost Treasures each.

The palpable tension only grew worse with the ongoing conference as they were unified for once with how they admonished Reichen for the consecutive fruitless missions. Aside from us, Sullien and his team returned heavily injured after they tried to break into Druir Woodlands.

Almost a quarter of the members involved were wounded by enchantments that took a period to heal but Sullien had the worst case. Our magic was not easily exhausted but with the casualty that fared, Sullien suffered the brunt.

"Our only hope right now is to locate the treasures at Hasfor and Nurien. Also the one in Deliora," said a woman with a low-pitched tone.

"That is what I was repeatedly suggesting yet no one minded my heed. Now look where it got us," complained an elderly voice who had a full mask with a painted x-mark on his mask.

"Centuries after centuries, no one had stumbled upon the Lost Treasure of Deliora and you expect to find it now? Lady Mhilrim's safety is much more significant than measly treasures which we do not know the real power are," countered another woman. Based on her posture, with her back straight, and how she spoke with authority, she was undoubtedly an aristocrat.

It was nearing a month since I arrived here and it was the same time Lady Mhilrim had gone missing so I wholly understood her apprehension. Majorly because of the fact that I knew Lady Mhilrim was not just a priestess but the Goddess that was revered. I had asked Night why did they had not reveal the truth to the members but of course, I was answered with nothing.

"You are an Amica yourself and you do not even believe the true powers of the Lost Treasures? How naive. The treasures are not mere legends that had pampered you to sleep," rebutted the elderly man.

"That's not what I mean. What I'm pointing out is the life of Lady Mhilrim is more important than finding the treasures."

"As I said, that is naivete. If we collected all the treasures, Lady Mhilrim's safety is guaranteed."

I glimpsed around as I could foresee it would end up in another row which had been frequently happening since the meeting started. How I wished Willow was here but she didn't come today either. My eyes landed on Reichen who was sitting several seats away from me. He had been quiet the whole time and did not even bother stopping the members.

"Pardon my impudence but I assume you don't see the whole picture of this situation. How confident are you that we can find all the treasures in this era which was unsuccessful even a millennia ago? How convinced are you that Lady Mhilrim is still safe by then? With our current powers and without Lady Mhilrim, no one can awaken new Amicas and the Reapers will undoubtedly seize the Lost Treasures we have for they have the advantage in numbers," the woman expounded, full of composure and emphasis on her words.

"Hah! With cowardly youngsters like you, no wonder the Cattivos were able to take the jewel eyes that was a difficult task to achieve for decades," the old man refuted with exasperation dripping in his words.

"I must say the same. With close-minded elders like you, no wonder the Crusaders are slowly degrading," the woman opposed.

"That is enough. We don't have to argue within ourselves," said a hoarse-voiced man. 

I had noticed him way before since he always spoke up when things get awry. His mask was almost the same as mine that only revealed a part of my cheeks, only that he had a four-leaf clover painted on his instead of a spade.