An Update- Popularity, Finals, Self-publish,life, ect.

I feel like a century has passed since I have updated this journal. So, this entry is basically a personal update :) 

Finals: The Semester is almost over and it is Finals week! Finals week is known is a week of Hell for all college students. After I take my last exam, I have almost a month off! So, I'm planning updates for 'When She Speaks' and 'Arranged Dating'. 

Self Publishing/The Online World: When I started the second part to this journal, I had planned to release Marked By Brothers as an ebook during Christmas! That was my first goal and priority but that dream kind of slipped way.  One:  I was just really busy with school.  Two:  A lot has happened in the past two months. My life has almost drastically changed in the past two months. Three: I think I honestly realized that it is going to take a lot of work to produce a good novel. The first novel is agruably the most  important novel and I want to produce the best story I can. I don't want to put out a story that feels too rushed.  

So, I'm not really sure when Marked By Brothers will be released as a self-published book.  I think my new goal is to put Marked By Brothers on hold for a while.  I'm thinking of finishing 'When She Speaks' and 'Arranged Dating' online. After I finish both stories, I probably won't write another full length novel online. 

Popularity-  Let's Talk About Popularity

I never thought, "Hmm, I'm not going to write this story if I don't get x amount of views and x amount of views." I see people deleting stories left and right because other people are not commenting.  So, then they try to write a story that they think will appeal to other people.  And when no one comments on that story, they delete it. 

  And, it's just sad and it kind of infruiates me to be honest.  So the name of this novel is joke and it shouldn't be taken seriously.  

When I wrote my first novel, I had two commenters in the beginning.  But everyday, these two readers would say "It makes my day to read this story."  And, both of those readers inspired me and motivated me to keep writing.  If it wasn't for them, I probably won't have finished the story.

 And don't write for popularity.  Who are you? If you start to write for anyone but yourself, you'll lose yourself.  And, I think that is the most dangerous thing of all. 

Though, I did develope a forumla to gain readers faster.  If write a story that is unique, readers will respect you more and that story may raise to the top. :)  

Reading Requests: 

So.... I never have to ask for reading requests! When I say I'm too busy too take reading requests, people continue to send me reading request. So when I'm not busy, I just usually go back and check out old requests.  

But, I think it's more thrilling to find stories on my own. Does anyone else feel that way? But It's ALWAYS better to spend more time actually writting the story than sending out a billion reading requests: 

Book Reviews- Part 3 

As far as this novel goes, I'm thinking or posting a book review next  week. I think it would be fun to do a few book reviews. 

:) Oh, and happy Holidays!  Does anyone have any plans for Christmas Break? 

P.s-  If anyone has stumbled upon any great songs about Love, let me know. I'm always looking for songs to listen while I write.