Location, Location, Location:

Location, Location, Location:  SHORT POST.... 

I think it's important to establish which city and season a novel takes place in. I will read a watt pad novel all the way through and the writer will never declare where the story takes place. Most of the time I don't know if the novel takes place in America, Britian or Africa? Seasons play a major role in the mood of stories.  A good writer won't bother to announce that the story takes place in the winter or Spring. A good writer will talk about how the cherry trees have just started to bloom and the reader instantly knows that the cherry trees only bloom in the spring. Therefore the reader will figure out on his/her own that the story takes place in spring. 

As a writer,  you don't want to make statements. A skilled writer will get his/her readers to drawl their own conclusion from a book! 

I'm always looking for novels that describe seasons in depth but I have failed to find one seasonal novel. So here are some ideas that I think people should consider.  Just think about how the atmosphere of a beach and the atmosphere of the mountains. 

  When I think of Summer Romance-

I think of long summer walks on the beach, bon fires, swimming,  and world wind romance. 

When I think of winter-

I think of nights under the fire,  racing through the snow, and a snow paced romance.

When I think of Fall-

I imagine the leaves turning striking blues, purples, and I think of dark, gray skies!  Fall is slightly cold but it all depends on which location you choose for  your story.  Fall in the south is beautiful. The first few days of fall have a warm breeze but the air is cool. 

  Anyway  the point is when I read a book, I want to be able to invision the differences of each and every season! 

PS- I'll be starting a new writing book, Should I post a new book within this book or create a seperate book? :) Let me know! 

-Lexy

oxoxoxooxoxoxox