Volume Truth IIII: If you 'do this', I'm never reading your story!

1. Don't Mis spell your title- 

   Google the correct spelling.  Really, it's not  that hard and readers are less likely to read your story if your title is mis-spelled. 

  2.  Strange IMS- 

I don't like when you send me a reading request over an IM. 

One, it's unlikely I will remember your book because I've already had fifty other people IM Me.  

Two they also start, 'Read MY STORY.'  Generally, It's a really bad idea to command me to do ANYTHING. You should feel lucky I'm taking time out of my  busy schedule to even glance at your story. All readers have a busy life and they are going to be annoyed if you make them feel as if their time is invaliable.  Really, your story is NOT that important and no one is going to care about your "story" if you leave a rude request. 

Three; I HATE FAKE CONVERSATIONS....

   "You are such an amazing writer, will you read my story?" 

I know for a fact that you haven't read my work. And no, I will not read YOUR  story. Thanks for spending the last twenty minutes "pretending" to care about my life. I really don't care to ever read your work.

I hope you don't mind that I'm going to block you. 

[This use to happen a lot but it rarely happens NOW. If I promised to read your story, I'm still genuinely interesting in reading your work! So please don't take offense!] 

four; Don't send me the same request TWICE! If I wasn't interest the first time, why do you think I'm going to be interested the second time? 

five;  If you are asking someone to read your story [that is not in their native language] then it's a good rule to ask if they speak any other languages. It's slightly rude for me to ask a spanish reader if they want to write my story that is written in english. 

Try this, "I've written a novel but it's written in French. If you speak French, I'd love for you to check it out." 

3. Don't advertise on my story: [I've talked about this before] 

OH MY GOD....  When you advertise on my stories and try to advertise to my readers, I delete your comment before anyone else sees it. Yes, you can say "thank you". I'm just  saved you from being embarrassed by a spew of hate comments. 

And I hate when you say, "Hey if you like this story, You'll love my story!" 

And if you reply to my readers, I will kill you.  Really, what makes you think MY Readers will like your story? What makes your story similar to MY STORY? Your story may be far better written than my story but don't compare my story to yours, thanks!  

  If you leave a comment on a really popular writer's work, the writer will attack you and the fans will attack you.  I sincerely hope that you are not stupid enough to leave a comment on a popular writer's story! Their fans will attack and your inbox will be so full with hate mail, that you will be forced to delete your account.  

Advertising on someone else's work will only ruin your reputation as a writer and it's not "cool" to try to grab on someone else's fame. Please work hard and earn your own fans. 

4. If you didn't send me a private message, then you didn't care enough to read my profile. Why should I care to READ your work?