The Evolution of The Internet and Self Publishing (ch.3 of 5)

The Evolution of The Internet and Self- Publishing: 

I've been reading a few self-published books and I've feeling more inspired to self publish my own book. I think the idea of creating your own book and making your own marketing decison is empowering for writers. And, I have to admit I like the idea that a reader can choose if a story is worth purchasing. Writers learn to produce, edit, and market their own work. 

In a sense, self-publishing offers opporunities that traditonal publishing doesn't.  In other cases, self-publishing can be a gateway to gaining a traditonal publishing contract as Amanday hocking did or John locke feels so indebted to his readers that he has admitted he would never sign a traditonal contract. John Locke is the first self-published writer to be #1 on Kindle's best selling list and he's also a marketing genius. 

 Whether writers or traditonal published or self-published, they use an internet as a tool to connect with their fans. Look at wattpad.com. It's the fastest growing online reading community in the world. I've noticed that many published writers are downloading their work. It's crazy to think that writers who have already sold millions are book are creating wattpad.com to connect with fans.  It's amazing to believe to connect with fans all over the world. Social media sites like twitter, facebook, and other sites help writers build/maintain a fan base.

But, the internet has helped people create their own careers and their isn't an invesitor or an agent standing in their way. They are able take hold of their own careers.  For instance on utube, individuals are becoming famous for things you'd think they would never be famous for.  College students are becoming famous for being comedians, singers, and self established makeup artists. Yet, it's outstanding how some of these people have millions of views on their videos and thousands of fans. 

I just it's inspiring that the internet has opened a new door. A door where people can take hold of their own destinies and create their own careers.  And, I've read some brilliant self-published books over the last few days which I will eventually review.  

But I think wattpad.com is filled with so many talent writers. We see stories at their rawest forms. But yet, we as readers, are able to see great potentials in these beginning artists. (Yeah, I can call writers artists because writers paint with their words.)  And, I really think in some cases writers will have more success with self-publishing then traditonal publishing. And, I hope some of the brilliant writers on this site consider self publishing. I would love to have copies of my favorite writers stories.