Closing Chapters- (Part 1 of 5) +my biggest fear

Becoming an online author: Your fears, concerns, and other ridcious things.

You want to publish of a book but your afraid of:

- A) That the book will recieve very little comments. 

It takes time to build a small following.  And, it's very hard to gain a large fan base. But if you enjoy writing, then write for yourself. 

  -B) That you will recieve negative reviews. 

I love to write about the power love. I like to write about controversial topics that will challenge and excite my readers.  Some of my stories will have strong sexual themes.  But, I work hard to build memorable characters.  I like to think that they characters have the chance to tell their own story and the plot needs to begin naturally.  

And, I accept the fact my stories are not for everyone. I really think you need to figure out who you are as a writer and who your audience is. 

  You can't escape negative reviews.  And, they would be plenty of critics that would be happy to tear your work apart if you were on the best selling list.   

Negative comments are hurtful.  When someone criticized my work for the very first time, it was hard to handle and I wanted to quit.  I wanted to delete all of my stories and never post online again. If I did that, I would have missed it on so many great things. 

   As writer, you have to stand up for what you believe in.  The best revenge is to chanel your anger into passion by writing more and more.  Which will obviously increase your chances of being more succesful.

Focus on your dreams and goals and don't let others bring you down. 

 -C) You're afraid of failure. 

 I don't think failure is a bad thing or something to fear. Honestly, I've written a few ideas that probably weren't the greatest. But, I learned from my mistakes and It made me a better writer.

Sometimes, we need to fail to succeed.  (I'm sure that is some famous quote but I can't remember who said it LOL) 

D) You're afraid that someone will steal your idea and/or copy it word for word. 

I was SHOCKED when I saw that someone had the nerve to steal my work.  It's one thing when people steal each other's idea for the chance to make money. It's just funny when people steal each other's work to gain attention. 

If your work is stolen, contact the site's owner and don't contact the stupid user that did steal your work.  Remember, you are a creative genius and the other user will only be known as the copycat. 

My biggest fear is that some of my worst stories will be discovered after I publish or self-publish a real book and people won't take my work seriously.  So, I hope that doesn't happen.