Chapter 17

(Atriox's Spacecraft)

Peter Quill was emotionlessly watching at the two tall dark primate like beings dressed in an armor who were chattering and loudly laughing. The human was unamused to see them and sat on the ground within the containment glass cell. He heavily sighed and began daydreaming of what the Librarian had mentioned to him.

" What if she's right? " he pondered and looked at the ceiling. " We can't defeat Thanos? How come? What was she talking about the Herald and the Ten Warriors?! I don't understand why she has said that. I mean there could be a way to fight that ape, but why we can't do such a thing? Maybe, we could bring the Spartans to fight him, but I don't know if they could do it. Still, it doesn't make any sense?! "

The red headed human was still perplexed and scratching his head. Suddenly, the guards got alarmed to hear such commotion from a distance and immediately left the place. Quill moved his head around and thought it was the signal of breaking free. He clearly remembered what the Librarian had mentioned to him. Suddenly, his both hands had sparked with the bluish-green light. The human widened his eyes in shock and started to realize of what he could do.

" Bingo! " he smirked and happily beamed, holding the glass.

The radiant light had caused the glass to melt. It took several minutes for him to do it. Finally, Quill was free and running away once again. Then, he took out his pistols and grinned. The lower ranks from the Banished were surprised and dumbfounded to see him escaping.

" You surprised to see me? " Quill taunted and pointed his weapon to them. " Go ahead, shoot me! "

One of them angrily grunted and pointed his weapon at him. Quill instantly shot the guard with a weapon. The others were ready to attack him. The red-headed one used his right hand to blast another Banished and send them flying.

" How's that?! " he laughed and shot another.

Without his knowledge, he saw some troops of Spartan-III and IV attacking the Banished along with the Sangheili. Quill smiled and understood what this meant. Then, he got surprised to see his teammates fighting along with them.

Gamora took out her daggers and instantly pinned down another Banished soldier, by throwing and hitting them on the head. She ended another life and instantly drew them out, dripping with blood. Quill was thrilled to reunite with his girlfriend.
The green skinned assassin noticed him and instantly hugged him. The human put his both hands onto her back and felt pleased to see her.

" Peter! I'm so sorry, " she said. " I thought I could have lost you! Are you all right? "

" It's okay. I'm all good! " he chuckled. " I'm glad you came to rescue me. "

" What happened? "

" I got escaped, " Peter replied. " It's a long story. You brought the gang and the Spartan guys? "

" Yeah, " she nodded.

" It looks like we're kicking some butts, " he held his pistol when they saw the Guardians of the Galaxy joined along with the Spartans and the Elites against the Banished.

John-117 used his pistol in shooting the Banished heads' down. Rocket joined him, triggered another attacker, and loudly laughed. The rest instantly fell down in bloodshed.

" Good work, Raccoon! " the Master Chief gave him a thumbs-up.

" Anytime, chief! " the talking furry one happily beamed and shot another Banished trooper.

Drax instantly grabbed another leg of the primate looking soldier and crushed it. The Banished loudly yelled in pain and felt his bones being broken. On the other hand, Groot used his wooden tendrils and tightly strangled the other warriors. They cried and struggled to break free.